- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2008)
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (2009), Internal Medicine
- UCSF Medical Center (2012), Anesthesiology
- Anesthesia for Morbidly Obese Patients
- Difficult Airway Management
- Thoracic Anesthesia
- Transfusion Medicine, Massive Transfusion Protocols
- Trauma Anesthesia
- Congenital complete heart block in the setting of severe pre-eclampsia requiring urgent cesarean section.
- Preston D, Klucsarits S, Moon T, Nasir D, Int J Obstet Anesth 2020 11 44 74-76
- Metabolic syndrome - Evidence-based strategies for patient optimization.
- Reyes SJ, Pak T, Moon TS, Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 2020 Jun 34 2 131-140
- The trauma patient with obesity: anesthetic challenges.
- Chen JL, Urman RD, Moon TS, Int Anesthesiol Clin 2020 Apr
- Ambulatory bariatric surgery.
- Chen JL, English WJ, Moon TS, Int Anesthesiol Clin 2020 Apr
- Preoperative Anemia Treatment With Intravenous Iron in Patients Undergoing Major Orthopedic Surgery: A Systematic Review.
- Smith A, Moon T, Pak T, Park B, Urman RD, Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil 2020 11 2151459320935094
- Utilization of rotational thromboelastometry (ROTEM) in patients undergoing transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS).
- Yuen SW, Barrios E, Moon T, Pak T, Smith KM, Toomay S, Cripps MW, J Clin Anesth 2019 Dec 58 31-32
- Apneic Oxygenation During Prolonged Laryngoscopy in Obese Patients: a Randomized, Double-Blinded, Controlled Trial of Nasal Cannula Oxygen Administration.
- Moon TS, Tai K, Kim A, Gonzales MX, Lu R, Pak T, Smith K, Chen JL, Minhajuddin AT, Nnamani N, Fox PE, Ogunnaike B, Obes Surg 2019 Jul
- Improving the quality of the operating room to intensive care unit handover at an urban teaching hospital through a bundled intervention.
- Moon TS, Gonzales MX, Woods AP, Fox PE J Clin Anesth 2016 Jun 31 5-12
- Body mass index and outcomes of in-hospital ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation arrest.
- Ogunnaike BO, Whitten CW, Minhajuddin A, Melikman E, Joshi GP, Moon TS, Schneider PM, Bradley SM Resuscitation 2016 Jun 105 156-160
- A Mnemonic to facilitate the handover from the operating room to intensive care unit: ?I PUT PATIENTS FIRST"
- Moon TS, Gonzales MX, Woods AP J Anesth Clin Res 2015 545 6 R1-4
The Obese Patient. In Anesthesiology (3rd ed)
Moon TS, Ogunnaike B, Whitten CW (2015). New York, McGraw Hill
Induction of General Anesthesia and Positioning in Obesity. In Core Topics in Anaesthesia and Peri-operative Care of the Morbidly Obese Surgical Patient
Moon, TS (2020). London, UK, Cambridge University Press
Anesthesia for Orthopedic Surgery. In Basic Clinical Anesthesia
Moon TS, Aleshi P (2014). New York, Springer
Advances in trauma anesthesia.. In Advances in Anesthesia
Sappenfield JW, Moon TS. (2016). Philadelphia, Elsevier
Methemoglobinemia. In Essence of Anesthesia Practice, 4th ed.
Moon, TS (2017). Philadelphia, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine Best Doctors
Annual Award Selected By Peer Recognition (2020)
- D Magazine Best Doctors
Annual Award Selected By Peer Recognition (2019)
- Dennis F. Landers, MD, PhD Teaching Award
Annually awarded to one faculty member who consistently demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching residents (2014)
- Parkland Hospital Circles of Life Award Recipient
Award given to the faculty physician who most exemplifies compassion, integrity, respect, collaboration, leadership, excellence, and stewardship, as voted on by the Parkland staff. (2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Research Award Recipient
- Trauma Anesthesia Society (2020)
- Association of University Anesthesiologists (2019)
- International Society for the Perioperative Care of Obese Patients (2016)
- National Board of Echocardiography, Diplomate (2014)
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists (2012)
- International Anesthesia Research Society (2009)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (2008)