- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2008)
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (2009), Internal Medicine
- UCSF Medical Center (2012), Anesthesiology
- Anesthesia for Morbidly Obese Patients
- Difficult Airway Management
- Thoracic Anesthesia
- Transfusion Medicine, Massive Transfusion Protocols
- Trauma Anesthesia
- Ketamine Use in the Surgical Patient: a Literature Review.
- Moon TS, Smith KM, Curr Pain Headache Rep 2021 Feb 25 3 17
- Comparing the rate of fiberoptic bronchoscopy use with a video double lumen tube versus a conventional double lumen tube-a randomized controlled trial.
- Onifade A, Lemon-Riggs D, Smith A, Pak T, Pruszynski J, Reznik S, Moon TS, J Thorac Dis 2020 Nov 12 11 6533-6541
- Sugammadex versus neostigmine for reversal of rocuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade: A randomized, double-blinded study of thoracic surgical patients evaluating hypoxic episodes in the early postoperative period.
- Moon TS, Reznik S, Pak T, Jan K, Pruszynski J, Kim A, Smith KM, Lu R, Chen J, Gasanova I, Fox PE, Ogunnaike B, J Clin Anesth 2020 Apr 64 109804
- A Positive Cocaine Urine Toxicology Test and the Effect on Intraoperative Hemodynamics Under General Anesthesia.
- Moon TS, Pak TJ, Kim A, Gonzales MX, Volnov Y, Wright E, Vu KQ, Lu RD, Sharifi A, Minhajuddin A, Chen JL, Fox PE, Gasanova I, Fox AA, Stewart J, Ogunnaike B, Anesth. Analg. 2020 Apr
- The Obese Patient: Facts, Fables, and Best Practices.
- Moon TS, Van de Putte P, De Baerdemaeker L, Schumann R, Anesth. Analg. 2020 Apr
- Opioid-free and opioid-sparing anesthesia.
- Siu EY, Moon TS, Int Anesthesiol Clin 2020 Jan
- The influence of morbid obesity on difficult intubation and difficult mask ventilation.
- Moon TS, Fox PE, Somasundaram A, Minhajuddin A, Gonzales MX, Pak TJ, Ogunnaike B J Anesth 2019 Feb 33 1 96-102
- Recent cocaine use and the incidence of hemodynamic events during general anesthesia: A retrospective cohort study.
- Moon TS, Gonzales MX, Sun JJ, Kim A, Fox PE, Minhajuddin AT, Pak TJ, Ogunnaike B J Clin Anesth 2019 Jan 55 146-150
- Are morbidly obese patients suitable for ambulatory surgery?
- Moon TS, Joshi GP Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2016 Feb 29 1 141-5
- Preoperative Anemia Treatment with Intravenous Iron Therapy in Patients Undergoing Abdominal Surgery: A Systematic Review.
- Moon T, Smith A, Pak T, Park BH, Beutler SS, Brown T, Kaye AD, Urman RD, Adv Ther 2021 Mar 38 3 1447-1469
The Obese Patient. In Anesthesiology (3rd ed)
Moon TS, Ogunnaike B, Whitten CW (2015). New York, McGraw Hill
Induction of General Anesthesia and Positioning in Obesity. In Core Topics in Anaesthesia and Peri-operative Care of the Morbidly Obese Surgical Patient
Moon, TS (2020). London, UK, Cambridge University Press
Anesthesia for Orthopedic Surgery. In Basic Clinical Anesthesia
Moon TS, Aleshi P (2014). New York, Springer
Advances in trauma anesthesia.. In Advances in Anesthesia
Sappenfield JW, Moon TS. (2016). Philadelphia, Elsevier
Methemoglobinemia. In Essence of Anesthesia Practice, 4th ed.
Moon, TS (2017). Philadelphia, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine Best Doctors
Annual Award Selected By Peer Recognition (2020)
- D Magazine Best Doctors
Annual Award Selected By Peer Recognition (2019)
- Dennis F. Landers, MD, PhD Teaching Award
Annually awarded to one faculty member who consistently demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching residents (2014)
- Parkland Hospital Circles of Life Award Recipient
Award given to the faculty physician who most exemplifies compassion, integrity, respect, collaboration, leadership, excellence, and stewardship, as voted on by the Parkland staff. (2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Research Award Recipient
- Trauma Anesthesia Society (2020)
- Association of University Anesthesiologists (2019)
- International Society for the Perioperative Care of Obese Patients (2016)
- National Board of Echocardiography, Diplomate (2014)
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists (2012)
- International Anesthesia Research Society (2009)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (2008)