Farhan F. Lalani, M.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and is a member of their Division of Hospital Medicine – Parkland Health and Hospital System.
Dr. Lalani is a native Texas and received his medical degree from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. Subsequently, he completed Internal Medicine residency at Baylor College of Medicine. He then went to work at Intermountain Healthcare where he was the director of their hypertension program. In this capacity he oversaw the development of a resistant hypertension clinic and helped lead the effort to write new system-wide hypertension guidelines. He then went to work in the Division of Hospital Medicine at University of California, San Francisco. At UCSF, Dr. Lalani helped to build their point-of-care ultrasound program. He was primarily responsible for faculty education in POCUS and has taught at several national CME events.
Dr. Lalani’s interests outside of medicine include his family, playing guitar, rock climbing, surfing, mountain biking, reading, and the great outdoors.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2008)
- Baylor College of Medicine (2011), Internal Medicine
- Research Interests
- Lung Ultrasound Findings in Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19.
- Kumar A, Weng Y, Duanmu Y, Graglia S, Lalani F, Gandhi K, Lobo V, Jensen T, Chung S, Nahn J, Kugler J, J Ultrasound Med 2022 Jan 41 1 89-96
- Interobserver Agreement of Lung Ultrasound Findings of COVID-19.
- Kumar A, Weng Y, Graglia S, Chung S, Duanmu Y, Lalani F, Gandhi K, Lobo V, Jensen T, Nahn J, Kugler J, J Ultrasound Med 2021 Nov 40 11 2369-2376
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound Predicts Clinical Outcomes in Patients With COVID-19.
- Kumar A, Weng I, Graglia S, Lew T, Gandhi K, Lalani F, Chia D, Duanmu Y, Jensen T, Lobo V, Nahn J, Iverson N, Rosenthal M, Gordon AJ, Kugler J, J Ultrasound Med 2021 Sep
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Medical Educators
Excellence in Teaching (2019)