Dr. Agusala is a proud native Texan, having grown up in Houston and attended the Baylor College of Medicine in the Texas Medical Center there. His medical training thereafter was at Northwestern University in Chicago followed by Emory University in Atlanta. Dr. Agusala brings to UTSW a strong background in all aspects of general clinical cardiology, both in the outpatient clinic and inpatient hospital settings. “Part of what I love about cardiology is the ability to make a difference in the lives of a wide range of people – from younger patients who are seeking help to prevent heart disease all the way to the critically ill patients who require the advanced, cutting edge therapies we offer here at UT Southwestern”. He also has an expertise in cardiovascular imaging including echocardiography and nuclear cardiology and is an active reviewer for the prestigious Heart Journal. Dr. Agusala’s interests outside of medicine include his family, sports and traveling.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2008)
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University (2009), Internal Medicine
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University (2011), Internal Medicine
- Emory University School of Medicine (2014), Cardiology
- Quality improvement
- Ventricular tachyarrhythmias in patients receiving an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for primary versus secondary prophylaxis indications.
- Manuchehry A, Agusala K, Montevecchi M, Kadish A, Passman R Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2011 May 34 5 571-6
- Ventricular assist device placement in an adult with D-transposition of the great arteries with prior Mustard operation.
- Agusala K, Bogaev R, Frazier OH, Franklin WJ Congenit Heart Dis 2010 Nov-Dec 5 6 635-7
- Ockham's razor is not so sharp.
- Lewis MA, Agusala K, Raizen Y Infect Dis Rep 2010 Aug 2 2 e10
- Dendritic cells derived in vitro from acute myelogenous leukemia cells stimulate autologous, antileukemic T-cell responses.
- Choudhury BA, Liang JC, Thomas EK, Flores-Romo L, Xie QS, Agusala K, Sutaria S, Sinha I, Champlin RE, Claxton DF Blood 1999 Feb 93 3 780-6
Honors & Awards
- Mayo Cardiovascular Review Course Scholarship
- Northern Illinois ACP Conference 1st Place Research Poster Presentation
- Dallas County Medical Society (2014)
- Heart Journal (2014)
- Texas Medical Association (2014)
- American College of Cardiology (2011)