Dr.Michelle Caraballo received her B.S. in Bioengineering from Rice University, and her M.D. from UT Southwestern. She completed residency training in Pediatrics at UT Southwestern before moving to Denver for fellowship training in both Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine at the University of Colorado. Originally from the Dallas area, she moved back home to join the faculty at UT Southwestern in the Department of Pediatrics in 2015.
Her primary interests include pediatric sleep-related breathing disorders, narcolepsy and asthma.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2008)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine - National Jewish Health (2014), Sleep Medicine
- University of Colorado Denver (2015), Pediatric Pulmonology
- Infant safe sleep
- Pediatric sleep-related breathing disorders
- Knowledge, Attitudes, and Risk for Sudden Unexpected Infant Death in Children of Adolescent Mothers: A Qualitative Study.
- Caraballo M, Shimasaki S, Johnston K, Tung G, Albright K, Halbower AC J. Pediatr. 2016 Jul 174 78-83.e2
Respiratory Tract & Mediastinum. In Hay WW, Levin MJ, Deterding RR, Abzug MJ, eds. Current Diagnosis and Treatment - Pediatrics. 23rd ed.
Federico MJ, Baker CD, Deboer EM, Halbower AC, Kupfer O, Martiniano SL, Sagel SD, Stillwell P, Zemanick ET, Caraballo M, Hawkins S. (2016). McGraw-Hill Education; 500-549.
Honors & Awards
- Ambulatory Provider of the Month
Children's Health (2015)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2015)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (2013)
- American Thoracic Society (2011)