- Other Post Graduate Training
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (1999), Biochemistry
- Graduate School
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (2001), Biochemistry
- Medical School
- Columbia University Medical Center (2003)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2006), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Cardiology
- Cardiac Development
- Cardiac Dysrhythmia
- Serum Biomarkers
- Single-cell genomics
- Transcriptional Regulation
- Using Gjd3-CreEGFP mice to examine atrioventricular node morphology and composition.
- Bhattacharyya S, Duan J, Wang L, Li B, Bhakta M, Fernandez-Perez A, Hon GC, Munshi NV Sci Rep 2019 Feb 9 1 2106
- pouC Regulates Expression of bmp4 During Atrioventricular Canal Formation in Zebrafish.
- Bhakta M, Padanad MS, Harris JP, Lubczyk C, Amatruda JF, Munshi NV Dev. Dyn. 2019 Feb 248 2 173-188
- Hand2 selectively reorganizes chromatin accessibility to induce pacemaker-like transcriptional reprogramming
- Fernandez-Perez A, Sathe AA,Bhakta M,Leggett K,Xing C,Munshi NV Cell Rep 2019 27 1-16
- Rational reprogramming of cellular states by combinatorial perturbation
- Duan J, Li B, Bhakta M, Xie S, Zhou P, Munshi NV*, Hon GC* Cell Rep 2019
- Functional cargo delivery into mouse and human fibroblasts using a versatile microfluidic device.
- Lam KH, Fernandez-Perez A, Schmidtke DW, Munshi NV Biomed Microdevices 2018 Jun 20 3 52
- High content analysis identifies unique morphological features of reprogrammed cardiomyocytes.
- Sutcliffe MD, Tan PM, Fernandez-Perez A, Nam YJ, Munshi NV, Saucerman JJ Sci Rep 2018 Jan 8 1 1258
- Phenotypically silent Cre recombination within the postnatal ventricular conduction system.
- Bhattacharyya S, Bhakta M, Munshi NV PLoS ONE 2017 12 3 e0174517
- MyoR Modulates Cardiac Conduction by Repressing Gata4.
- Harris JP, Bhakta M, Bezprozvannaya S, Wang L, Lubczyk C, Olson EN, Munshi NV Mol. Cell. Biol. 2015 Feb 35 4 649-61
- Induction of diverse cardiac cell types by reprogramming fibroblasts with cardiac transcription factors.
- Nam YJ, Lubczyk C, Bhakta M, Zang T, Fernandez-Perez A, McAnally J, Bassel-Duby R, Olson EN, Munshi NV Development 2014 Oct
- PAN-INTACT enables direct isolation of lineage-specific nuclei from fibrous tissues.
- Bhattacharyya S, Sathe AA, Bhakta M, Xing C, Munshi NV, PLoS ONE 2019 14 4 e0214677
Honors & Awards
- Career Award for Medical Scientists (CAMS) - Burroughs Wellcome Foundation
- Disease Oriented Clinical Scholar (DOCS) Award
- Jo Ann McWhorter Award for Clinical Cardiology
- Young Investigator Award for Basic Science - American Association of Indian Cardiologists
- Fellows Basic Science Winner - Northwestern Cardiovascular Young Investigators’ Forum
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association