Dr. Cheshkov received his B.S. degree in Physics from Sofia University, Bulgaria in 1995. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Physics from University of Texas at Austin in 2001. His main area of research was in advanced laser-plasma particle accelerators. Following several positions in high-tech industry he joined UT Southwestern as a postdoc in MRI in 2004 and was promoted to assistant professor in 2006. He was co-PI and later PI for the MRS sub-core of the UTSW Gulf War Neuro-imaging Project. Currently, his main research focus is in high field MR spectroscopy (proton and multinuclear) and MRI with applications in breast cancer.
- Unlisted - International Colle (1995), Physics
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Austin (2001), Physics
- High Field MR Imaging and Spectroscopy
- MR Imaging of Breast Cancer
- MRS Quantification Methodology
- Multimodal imaging (fMRI, EEG, DTI, MRS) of Gulf War Syndrome
- Oxidation of [U-(13) C]glucose in the human brain at 7T under steady state conditions.
- Cheshkov S, Dimitrov IE, Jakkamsetti V, Good L, Kelly D, Rajasekaran K, DeBerardinis RJ, Pascual JM, Sherry AD, Malloy CR Magn Reson Med 2017 Jan
- A switched-mode breast coil for 7 tesla MRI using forced-current excitation.
- Cui J, Bosshard J, Rispoli J, Dimitrov I, Cheshkov S, McDougall M, Malloy C, Wright S IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2015 Feb
- Quadrature transmit coil for breast imaging at 7 tesla using forced current excitation for improved homogeneity.
- McDougall MP, Cheshkov S, Rispoli J, Malloy C, Dimitrov I, Wright SM J Magn Reson Imaging 2014 Jan
- Reproducibility and Absolute Quantification of Muscle Glycogen in Patients with Glycogen Storage Disease by 13C NMR Spectroscopy at 7 Tesla.
- Heinicke K, Dimitrov IE, Romain N, Cheshkov S, Ren J, Malloy CR, Haller RG PLoS ONE 2014 9 10 e108706
- A 16-Channel Receive, Forced Current Excitation Dual-Transmit Coil for Breast Imaging at 7T.
- By S, Rispoli JV, Cheshkov S, Dimitrov I, Cui J, Seiler S, Goudreau S, Malloy C, Wright SM, McDougall MP PLoS ONE 2014 9 11 e113969
- Neural bases of the foreign accent syndrome: a functional magnetic resonance imaging case study.
- Katz WF, Garst DM, Briggs RW, Cheshkov S, Ringe W, Gopinath KS, Goyal A, Allen G Neurocase 2012 Jun 18 3 199-211
- Functional imaging and related techniques: an introduction for rehabilitation researchers.
- Crosson B, Ford A, McGregor KM, Meinzer M, Cheshkov S, Li X, Walker-Batson D, Briggs RW J Rehabil Res Dev 2010 47 2 vii-xxxiv
- Selective detrending method for reducing task-correlated motion artifact during speech in event-related FMRI.
- Gopinath K, Crosson B, McGregor K, Peck K, Chang YL, Moore A, Sherod M, Cavanagh C, Wabnitz A, Wierenga C, White K, Cheshkov S, Krishnamurthy V, Briggs RW Hum Brain Mapp 2009 Apr 30 4 1105-19
- High Energy Laser Wakefield Collider with Synchronous Acceleration
- C. Chiu, S. Cheshkov, T. Tajima Physical Review Special Topics - Accelerator Beams October 2000 3 101301
- Particle Dynamics in Multi-stage Wakefiled Collider
- S. Cheshkov, T. Tajima, W. Horton, K. Yokoya Physical Review Special Topics - Accelerator Beams 2000 3 071301
Honors & Awards
- David Bruton, Jr.
Graduate Fellowship (1999)
- Institute for Fusion Studies
Institute for Fusion Studies Fellowship (1998)
- Physics Department Scholarship
- Undergraduate: Bulgarian Government Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- Bronze Medal, International Physics Olympiad