1989, Suzhou University School of Medicine, China: MD
1995, Suzhou University School of Medicine, China: MSc (Neurology)
2001, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan: PhD (Autonomic Neuroscience)
2001 - 2004, IEEM, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas: Post-Doc (Autonomic Neural Control)
POSITIONS AND EMPLOYMENT:
1989 - 1995 Resident, Physician, Department of Neurology, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, China
1995 - 1997 Neurologist, Department of Neurology, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, China
2000 - 2001 Research Assistant, Department of Autonomic Neuroscience, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
2001 - 2001 Research Resident, Department of Autonomic Neuroscience, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
2001 - 2004 Research Associate Fellow, Institute for Exercise & Environmental Medicine, Dallas
2004 - 2006 Instructor, Cardiology Division, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
2006 - 2012 Assistant Professor, Cardiology Division, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
2012 - present Associate Professor, Cardiology Division, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
- Medical School
- Suzhou University (1989), Medicine
- Graduate School
- Unlisted - International Colle (1995)
- Graduate School
- Nagoya University - Japan (2001)
- Autonomic circulatory control in normotensive and hypertensive pregnancies
- Sex differences in blood pressure regulation in humans
- Sympathetic neural control and cardiovascular function in women with PTSD
- Elderly blacks have a blunted sympathetic neural responsiveness but greater pressor response to orthostasis than elderly whites.
- Okada Y, Galbreath MM, Jarvis SS, Bivens TB, Vongpatanasin W, Levine BD, Fu Q Hypertension 2012 Sep 60 3 842-8
- Sympathetic activation during early pregnancy in humans.
- Jarvis SS, Shibata S, Bivens TB, Okada Y, Casey BM, Levine BD, Fu Q J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2012 Aug 590 Pt 15 3535-43
- Relationship between sympathetic baroreflex sensitivity and arterial stiffness in elderly men and women.
- Okada Y, Galbreath MM, Shibata S, Jarvis SS, VanGundy TB, Meier RL, Vongpatanasin W, Levine BD, Fu Q Hypertension 2012 Jan 59 1 98-104
- Exercise training versus propranolol in the treatment of the postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.
- Fu Q, Vangundy TB, Shibata S, Auchus RJ, Williams GH, Levine BD Hypertension 2011 Aug 58 2 167-75
- Sex differences in the modulation of vasomotor sympathetic outflow during static handgrip exercise in healthy young humans.
- Jarvis SS, Vangundy TB, Galbreath MM, Shibata S, Okazaki K, Reelick MF, Levine BD, Fu Q Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 2011 Jul 301 1 R193-200
- Cardiac origins of the postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome
- Fu Q, Vangundy TB, Galbreath MM, Shibata S, Jain M, Hastings JL, Bhella PS, Levine BD J Am Coll Cardiol 2010 55(25) 2858-88
- Autonomic circulatory control during pregnancy in humans.
- Fu Q, Levine BD Semin. Reprod. Med. 2009 Jul 27 4 330-7
- Vasoconstrictor reserve and sympathetic neural control of orthostasis.
- Fu Q, Witkowski S, Levine BD Circulation 2004 Nov 110 18 2931-7
Honors & Awards
- NASA JSC Group Achievement Award to Sex and Gender Report Team for Outstanding Contributions to the "Impact of Sex and Gender on Adaptation to Spaceflight" Report
NASA Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (2015)
- The American Physiology Society Shih-Chun Wang Young Investigator Award
- DAVID H. P. STREETEN American Autonomic Society Award
- The Japanese Foundation for Aging and Health
- The Japanese Government Scholarship
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association (2012)
- American Physiology Society (2008-2017)
- American Autonomic Society (2003)
- American College of Sports Medicine Society (2001-2010)