Dr. Foxwell is a licensed Clinical Psychologist, whose clinical expertise include anxiety, depression, suicide, ADHD, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in adults, children, and adolescents. Her research interests focus on evaluating cognitive behavioral treatments for depression and suicidality in youth.
She obtained her undergraduate degree in Psychology at Baylor University in 2002 and earned her Master of Science degree at UT Southwestern in Rehabilitation Counseling Psychology. She obtained her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at UT Southwestern where she served as Chief Resident. Dr. Foxwell completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the UT Southwestern Medical Center. She joined the Student Wellness and Counseling program as faculty in 2013. She is also the Assistant Director of Clinical Training and the Psychology Director of the UT Southwestern Psychotherapy Clinic in the Doctoral Program and Internship in Clinical Psychology.
- Undergraduate School
- Baylor University (2002), Psychology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2005), Rehabilitation Counseling
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Psychology
- UT Southwestern/Childrens Medical Center (2013), Child & Adolescent Psychology
- Child and adolescent depression
- Student and trainee mental health and wellness
- Suicidal behavior in teens
- As Safe As Possible (ASAP): A brief app-supported inpatient intervention to prevent post-discharge suicidal behavior in hospitalized, suicidal adolescents
- Kennard, B. D., Goldstein, T., Foxwell, A. A., McMakin D. L., Wolfe, K., Biernesser, C., Moorehead, A. P., Douaihy A., Zullo, L., Wentroble, E., Owen, V., Zelazny J., Iyengar, S., Porta, G., Brent, D. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2018
- Developing a Peer Mentorship Program to increase competence in clinical supervision in a clinical psychology doctoral training program.
- Foxwell, A., Kennard, B., Rodgers, C., Wolfe, K., Cassedy, H., Thomas, A Academic Psychiatry 2017 6 41 828-832
- Continued effectiveness of relapse prevention cognitive-behavioral therapy following fluoxetine treatment in youth with major depressive disorder
- Emslie GJ, Kennard BD, Mayes TL, Nakonezny PA, Moore J, Jones JM, Foxwell AA, King J. J Am Acad Ch Adolesc Psychiatry 2016 54 828-832
- Developing a brief suicide prevention intervention and mobile phone application: a qualitative report.
- Kennard, B.D., Biernesser, C., Wolfe, K.L., Foxwell, A.A., Lee, SJC., Rial, K.V., Patel, S., Cheng, C., Goldstein, T., McMakin, D., Blastos, B., Douaihy, A., Zelazny, J., Brent, D.A. Journal of Technology in Human Services 2015 4 33 345-357
- Sequential Treatment With Fluoxetine and Relapse-Prevention CBT to Improve Outcomes in Pediatric Depression.
- Kennard BD, Emslie GJ, Mayes TL, Nakonezny PA, Jones JM, Foxwell AA, King J Am J Psychiatry 2014 Jun
- Development and Implementation of Health and Wellness CBT for Individuals with Depression and HIV.
- Kennard B, Brown L, Hawkins L, Risi A, Radcliffe J, Emslie G, Mayes T, King J, Foxwell A, Buyukdura J, Bethel J, Naar-King S, Xu J, Lee S, Garvie P, London C, Tanney M, Thornton S Cogn Behav Pract 2014 May 21 2 237-246
- Identifying and treating risk factors for suicidal behaviors in youth
- Wolfe, K., Foxwell A., Kennard, B. IJBCT 2014 Vol 9 No 3 11-14
- Back pain among long-term survivors of childhood leukemia.
- Bowers DC, Griffith T, Gargan L, Cochran CJ, Kleiber B, Foxwell A, Farrow-Gillespie A, Orlino A, Germann JN J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2012 Nov 34 8 624-9
- Pediatric Major Depressive Disorder: Questions to Consider
- Kennard, B.D., Foxwell, A.A., Mayes, T.L., Emslie, G.J. Psychiatric Times 2012
- Attention training for school-aged children with ADHD: results of an open trial.
- Tamm L, Hughes C, Ames L, Pickering J, Silver CH, Stavinoha P, Castillo CL, Rintelmann J, Moore J, Foxwell A, Bolanos SG, Hines T, Nakonezny PA, Emslie G J Atten Disord 2010 Jul 14 1 86-94
- Dallas Psychological Association, President (2018-2019)
- Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (2008)
- American Psychological Association (2007)