Dr. David M. Troendle graduated magna cum laudefrom Texas A&M University in College Station, with a B.S. in mechanical engineering and subsequently completed his medical studies at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed his pediatric residency at UT Southwestern/Children’s Medical Center in Dallas where he was appointed co-chief pediatric resident from 2010-2011. He then went on to complete his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at UT Southwestern in 2014.
He is presently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology at UT Southwestern. Dr. Troendle’s clinical interests are advanced and therapeutic endoscopy in children including ERCP and EUS. He has received numerous awards for his clinical research in pediatric endoscopy and is currently studying technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2007)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2014), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Endoscopic outcomes in patients with recurrent and chronic pancreatitis
- Post-ERCP pancreatitis and its prevention
- Technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP
- Diabetes Mellitus in Children with Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis: Data From the INternational Study Group of Pediatric Pancreatitis: In Search for a CuRE Cohort.
- Bellin MD, Lowe M, Zimmerman MB, Wilschanski M, Werlin S, Troendle DM, Shah U, Schwarzenberg SJ, Pohl JF, Perito E, Ooi CY, Nathan JD, Morinville VD, McFerron BA, Mascarenhas MR, Maqbool A, Liu Q, Lin TK, Husain SZ, Himes R, Heyman MB, Gonska T, Giefer MJ, Gariepy CE, Freedman SD, Fishman DS, Barth B, Abu-El-Haija M, Uc A, J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 Nov 69 5 599-606
- IV Ibuprofen for Prevention of Post-Ercp Pancreatitis in Children: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Feasibility Study.
- Troendle DM, Gurram B, Huang R, Barth BA, J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 Oct
- Factors Associated With Frequent Opioid Use in Children With Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Perito ER, Palermo TM, Pohl JF, Mascarenhas M, Abu-El-Haija M, Barth B, Bellin MD, Fishman DS, Freedman S, Gariepy C, Giefer M, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes RW, Husain SZ, Lin T, Liu Q, Maqbool A, McFerron B, Morinville VD, Nathan JD, Ooi CY, Rhee S, Schwarzenberg SJ, Shah U, Troendle DM, Werlin S, Wilschanski M, Zheng Y, Zimmerman MB, Lowe M, Uc A, J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 Sep
- More Is Less: The Advantages of Performing Concurrent Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography for Pediatric Choledocholithiasis.
- Gee KM, Jones RE, Casson C, Barth B, Troendle D, Beres AL, J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2019 Sep
- Functional Pancreatic Sphincter Dysfunction in Children: Recommendations for Diagnosis and Management.
- Lin TK, Fishman DS, Giefer MJ, Liu QY, Troendle D, Werlin S, Lowe ME, Uc A, J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 Sep
- Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis as Initial Manifestations of Cystic Fibrosis and Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator-Related Disorders.
- Baldwin C, Zerofsky M, Sathe M, Troendle DM, Perito ER, Pancreas 2019 Aug 48 7 888-893
- Risk Factors for Rapid Progression From Acute Recurrent to Chronic Pancreatitis in Children: Report From INSPPIRE.
- Liu QY, Abu-El-Haija M, Husain SZ, Barth B, Bellin M, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Lin TK, Maqbool A, Mascarenhas M, McFerron BA, Morinville VD, Nathan JD, Ooi CY, Perito ER, Pohl JF, Rhee S, Schwarzenberg SJ, Shah U, Troendle D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Zimmerman MB, Lowe ME, Uc A, J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 May
- Chronic Pancreatitis: Pediatric and Adult Cohorts Show Similarities in Disease Progress Despite Different Risk Factors.
- Schwarzenberg SJ, Uc A, Zimmerman B, Wilschanski M, Wilcox CM, Whitcomb DC, Werlin SL, Troendle D, Tang G, Slivka A, Singh VK, Sherman S, Shah U, Sandhu BS, Romagnuolo J, Rhee S, Pohl JF, Perito ER, Ooi CY, Nathan JD, Muniraj T, Morinville VD, McFerron B, Mascarenhas M, Maqbool A, Liu Q, Lin TK, Lewis M, Husain SZ, Himes R, Heyman MB, Guda N, Gonska T, Giefer MJ, Gelrud A, Gariepy CE, Gardner TB, Freedman SD, Forsmark CE, Fishman DS, Cote GA, Conwell D, Brand RE, Bellin M, Barth B, Banks PA, Anderson MA, Amann ST, Alkaade S, Abu-El-Haija M, Abberbock JN, Lowe ME, Yadav D, J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 Apr 68 4 566-573
- Pediatric Endoscopy and High Risk Patients: A Clinical Report from the NASPGHAN Endoscopy Committee.
- Lightdale JR, Liu QY, Sahn B, Troendle DM, Thomson M, Fishman DS J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 Jan
- Endoscopic Management of Duodenal Web.
- Luffy R, Troendle DM J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2019 Jan
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In J. Pohl, C. Jolley, D. Gelfond, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Troendle DM, Barth BA. (2015). Elsevier; 740-747.
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2018)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2016)
- Cook Medical Travel Award
Indiana Univeristy ERCP Workshop (2014)
- NASPGHAN Nutrition University Travel Grant Award
- Pediatric Senior Fellow Symposium Award
Best poster - UT Southwestern (2014)
- W.W. Caruth Research Fellow's Award
Children's Medical Center Clinical Research Advisory Committee (2014)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2013-2014)
- National Pancreas Foundation Fellow Symposium Travel Award
- Chief Pediatric Resident
UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2010-2011)
- Pediatric Resident Advocacy Award
Most outstanding project - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- Pediatric Resident Research Award
Best research conducted during residency - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- NASPHGAN Teaching and Tomorrow Program Award
- ASGE Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (2016)
- ASGE Endoscopic Ultrasound Special Interest Group (2016)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Member (2013)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy and Procedures Committee (2013)
- NASPHGAN ERCP Special Interest Group (2013)
- INSPPIRE Consortium (2012)
- Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (2012)
- American Board of Pediatrics (2010)
- Texas Medical Board (2010)
- National American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) (2007)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2007)