Dr. Ibrahim graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in 2007 and subsequently completed internal medicine residency and hematology/oncology training at UT Southwestern. After completion of fellowship, he focused his clinical practice exclusively in hematology at the Houston Medical Center developing an interest for thrombosis, hemostasis, and thrombocytopenic disorders (HIT, ITP, and TTP). Dr. Ibrahim’s interests outside of medicine include family, tennis, reading and travel.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2007)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Hematology Oncology
- Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia-related vasculitis mimicking giant cell arteritis.
- Amin SD, Vickers A, Hong BY, Ponce CMP, Ibrahim IF, Chevez-Barrios P, Lee AG, Can. J. Ophthalmol. 2019 Jun 54 3 e140-e145
- Four Limb Ischemia: A Severe Case of Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia.
- Anand K, Ibrahim I, Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus 2019 Apr 35 2 397-398
- Autosplenectomy in a Patient with Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH).
- Burns E, Anand K, Acosta G, Irani M, Chung B, Maiti A, Ibrahim I, Rice L, Case Rep Hematol 2019 2019 3146965
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin for Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia.
- Ibrahim IF, Rice L Chest 2017 Oct 152 4 906-907
- Sickle Cell Trait and Rhabdomyolysis among U.S. Army Soldiers.
- Ibrahim IF, Rice L N. Engl. J. Med. 2016 10 375 17 1695-6
Antiplatelet and Anticoagulant Agents. In Management of Bleeding Patients, 1st ed.
Ibrahim IF, Rice L (2016). Switzerland, Springer
- International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis (2018)
- American Society of Hematology (2011)