Angela Price, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Cardiology. She specializes in general cardiology as well as difficult or refractory hypertension, early onset hypertension, and autonomic dysfunction.
Originally from Longview, Texas, Dr. Price received her undergraduate training at Baylor University in Waco, where she graduated magna cum laude. She earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern, where she also completed a residency in internal medicine, a clinical fellowship in cardiovascular disease, and two research fellowships in hypertension.
Board certified in internal medicine, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012.
Her research interests include transthoracic echocardiography, flow mediated dilation, and endothelial dysfunction. She has published frequently in peer-reviewed journals and speaks regionally and nationally.
At UT Southwestern, she provides instruction in hypertension. heart defects, and other topics to graduate students, medical students, residents, and fellows.
Dr. Price is a member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association, the American Society of Hypertension, the Texas Medical Association/Dallas County Medical Society, and the American Medical Association.
In 2019 and 2020, Dr. Price was named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor Rising Star.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2005)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008), Internal Medicine
- Other Post Graduate Training
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Hypertension
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Cardiovascular Disease
- Appropriateness criteria for transthoracic echocardiography
- Flow mediated dilation (FMD)
- Mechanisms of endothelial dysfunction in health and disease
- Nitric oxide
- Spironolactone prevents chlorthalidone-induced sympathetic activation and insulin resistance in hypertensive patients.
- Raheja P, Price A, Wang Z, Arbique D, Adams-Huet B, Auchus RJ, Vongpatanasin W Hypertension 2012 Aug 60 2 319-25
- Noninvasive quantification of pancreatic fat in humans.
- Lingvay I, Esser V, Legendre JL, Price AL, Wertz KM, Adams-Huet B, Zhang S, Unger RH, Szczepaniak LS J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2009 Oct 94 10 4070-6
Honors & Awards
- TACC Abstract Competition, 3rd Place
Abstract Competition for Cardiology fellows in Texas hosted by the Texas Chapter of the American College of Cardiology (2012)
- Phi Beta Kappa
National Honor Society for undergraduate students (2000)
- American College of Cardiology (2009)
- American Heart Association (2009)
- American Society of Hypertension (2012)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2008)
- Texas Medical Association (2008)