Melissa Whitworth, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Melissa Whitworth, M.D., M.P.H., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Community Radiology Division.
Dr. Whitworth holds a bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of Arizona in Tucson, where she graduated magna cum laude. She received her medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, while simultaneously earning a master's of public health degree in health sector management from the university's School of Public Health. Prior to receiving radiology residency training at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, she completed a fellowship program in magnetic resonance imaging. Afterwards, she received advanced training through a fellowship program in body imaging at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland.
Dr. Whitworth is board certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Before joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020, Dr. Whitworth spent 17 years in private practice.
She is an active member of the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, Texas Medical Association, and Texas Radiological Society.
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Tulane University School of Public Health (1996), Health Sector Management
- Medical School
- Tulane University School of Medicine (1996)
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center (1997), Surgery
- Methodist University Hospital (1998), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
- University of Tennessee/Methodist Healthcare-Memphis Hospitals (2002), Diagnostic Radiology
- Oregon Health and Science University (2003), Body Imaging
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Radiological Society