Dr. Lee is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He works as a hospitalist at Children’s Medical Center Dallas and is a member of the Infection Control and Health Information Management committees. Dr. Lee received his M.D. from Temple University School of Medicine in 2001. He completed his internship and Pediatric residency training at Children’s Medical Center Dallas, University of Texas at Southwestern in 2004. He is a member of the American Medical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics, Texas Medical Association, and Society of Hospital Medicine. He is a past chair of the Committee on Child and Adolescent Health and currently serves as chair of the Council on Health Promotion within the Texas Medical Association. He is the associate clerkship director for the Pediatrics rotation for UTSW medical students. He has particular interests in family centered rounds, medical education, and non-traditional medical teams.
- Medical School
- Temple University School of Medicine (2001)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2002), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2004), Pediatrics
- Clinical Case Reports
- Family Centered Rounds
- Non-Traditional Medical Teams
- Pediatrics Residents' Perspectives on Family-Centered Rounds: A Qualitative Study at 2 Children's Hospitals.
- Mittal V, Krieger E, Lee BC, Kind T, McCavit T, Campbell J, Ottolini MC, Flores G J Grad Med Educ 2013 Mar 5 1 81-7
- The Hybrid Hospitalist Teaching Service: An Innovative Model for Individualized Learning, Patient Case-Mix, and Medical Student and Resident Education.
- Lee BC, Flores G Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2011 Sep
- Infantile Cortical Hyperostosis (Caffey Disease)
- Lee BC Consultant for Pediatricians 2015 Apr 14 4 191-192
- A Boy With Septic Arthritis and Osteomyelitis Associated With Pantoea agglomerans
- Chen CN, Lee BC Consultant for Pediatricians 2015 14 3 124-126
- Index of suspicion.
- Lee B, Brown AG, Patel AM, Torok KS, Muhammad NA Pediatr Rev 2013 Nov 34 11 531-6
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease: A 15-Year Analysis at a Children's Hospital in the United States.
- Lee BC, Patel R Clinical pediatrics 2012 Feb
- Index of suspicion.
- Liu H, Patel R, Lee B, Pernica JM, Goldfarb D, Harrison ME Pediatr Rev 2009 May 30 5 175-80
Honors & Awards
- Award for Excellence in Academic Medicine - Silver level Achievement
Texas Medical Association (2013)
- Core Clerkship Teaching Award
Presented by Class of 2013 for Outstanding Teaching during the Pediatrics Clerkship (2012)
- Excellence in Education Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012)
- Leadership Scholar
Texas Medical Association selects young physicians to participate in year long training program to develop leadership skills. (2011)
- Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics (COMSEP) (2013)
- Academic Pediatric Association (APA) (2009)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) (2007)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA) (2006)
- Texas Pediatric Society (TPS) (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) (2001)
- American Medical Association (AMA) (1997)