Dr. Benjamin Lee is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He graduated from Temple University School of Medicine in 2001 and completed his internship and Pediatrics residency at Children’s Medical Center Dallas/University of Texas Southwestern in 2004. He is board-certified in both general pediatrics and pediatric hospital medicine and works as a hospitalist at Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
Dr. Lee has a two areas of interest: medical education and advocacy.
He currently chairs the Post-Clerkship Committee, which oversees the curriculum of 4th-year medical students. He is also the Pediatric Clerkship Director for 2nd and 3rd-year medical students. He is a member of the Student Promotions Committee, Clerkship Directors Committee, and Medical Education Curriculum Committee at UTSW. He stresses the importance of family centered care and shared decision making.
While he is a member of several national organizations, Dr. Lee focuses most of his efforts within the Texas Medical Association (TMA) and Dallas County Medical Society (DCMS). With the TMA, he was past chair of both the Committee on Child and Adolescent Health and Council on Health Promotion and currently serves on the Council on Science and Public Health. He also serves as a DCMS delegate to the TMA in order to advocate for children who might not otherwise have a voice.
- Medical School
- Temple University School of Medicine (2001)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2002), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2004), Pediatrics
- Clinical Case Reports
- Family Centered Rounds
- Non-Traditional Medical Teams
- Pediatrics Residents' Perspectives on Family-Centered Rounds: A Qualitative Study at 2 Children's Hospitals.
- Mittal V, Krieger E, Lee BC, Kind T, McCavit T, Campbell J, Ottolini MC, Flores G J Grad Med Educ 2013 Mar 5 1 81-7
- The Hybrid Hospitalist Teaching Service: An Innovative Model for Individualized Learning, Patient Case-Mix, and Medical Student and Resident Education.
- Lee BC, Flores G Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2011 Sep
- Epigastric Abdominal Pain and Weight Loss in a 17-Year-Old Male.
- Sanchez MJ, Lee BC Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2018 Apr 9922818769839
- Infantile Cortical Hyperostosis (Caffey Disease)
- Lee BC Consultant for Pediatricians 2015 Apr 14 4 191-192
- A Boy With Septic Arthritis and Osteomyelitis Associated With Pantoea agglomerans
- Chen CN, Lee BC Consultant for Pediatricians 2015 14 3 124-126
- Index of suspicion.
- Lee B, Brown AG, Patel AM, Torok KS, Muhammad NA Pediatr Rev 2013 Nov 34 11 531-6
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease: A 15-Year Analysis at a Children's Hospital in the United States.
- Lee BC, Patel R Clinical pediatrics 2012 Feb
- Index of suspicion.
- Liu H, Patel R, Lee B, Pernica JM, Goldfarb D, Harrison ME Pediatr Rev 2009 May 30 5 175-80
Honors & Awards
- SOPT Clinical Case Competition Finalist
American Academy of Pediatrics (2018)
- Award for Excellence in Academic Medicine - Silver level Achievement
Texas Medical Association (2013)
- Core Clerkship Teaching Award
Presented by Class of 2013 for Outstanding Teaching during the Pediatrics Clerkship (2012)
- Excellence in Education Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012)
- Leadership Scholar
Texas Medical Association selects young physicians to participate in year long training program to develop leadership skills. (2011)
- Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics (COMSEP) (2013)
- Academic Pediatric Association (APA) (2009)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) (2007)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA) (2006)
- Texas Pediatric Society (TPS) (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) (2001)
- American Medical Association (AMA) (1997)