Dr. Chang is Director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program and a member of the Division of Gynecology at UT Southwestern. She also serves as the Associate Program Director for the Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery.
Dr. Chang received her medical degree from UT Southwestern in 2007 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland Memorial Hospital in 2011 -- where she was an administrative chief resident her senior year. In 2011, she joined the OB/GYN faculty. In 2015, she was named Associate Program Director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program, a position she held until being named Residency Program Director in 2019.
Dr. Chang is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). She was among the editors for the Study Guide to the 3rd edition of Williams Gynecology, and is a chapter author on the 4th edition of Williams Gynecology.
Her clinical practice is in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where she also oversees and teaches medical student, residents, and fellows.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2007)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Obstetrics & Gynecology
Abnormal uterine bleeding. In Williams Gynecology, 4th edition
Chang SY, Hoffman BL (2020). New York, McGraw-Hill
Williams Gynecology Study Guide, 3rd edition
Werner CL, Richardson DL, Chang SY, Griffith WF, Hamid CA, Rahn DD, Moschos E, Hoffman BL (Ed.) (2016). New York, McGraw-Hill Education
Honors & Awards
- Physician Quality Champion
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2016)
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
Obstetrics and Gynecology Resident Teaching Award (2015)
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (2017)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (2016)
- Southwest Gynecologic Assembly (2016)
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) (2014)
- American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology