Dr. Rogers is Chief of the Division of Education and Faculty Development in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern. This division is dedicated to enhancing the multiple educational missions of the Department and is comprised of faculty leaders in both undergraduate and graduate medical education, including residency and fellowships.
Dr. Rogers received her medical degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine in 1999 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital in 2003. After completing a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at UT Southwestern in 2006, she joined the faculty of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern.
From 2008-2012, she was the Director of the OB/GYN Clerkship for third-year medical students and also served as student advisor to fourth year medical students from 2009-2013. In 2012, Dr. Rogers was named Director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program, a position she held until 2019 when she became Chief of the Division of Education and Faculty Development.
A specialist in the complications of pregnancy, Dr. Rogers' research interests include infectious disease in pregnancy, medical education, and physician wellness. She is a chapter author for several text books, including Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Williams Manual of Obstetrics, and the Williams Obstetrics Study Guide.
Board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Dr. Rogers serves as an examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Her clinical practice is in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where she mentors and oversees medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Medical School
- University of Miami School of Medicine (1999)
- Jackson Memorial Hospital (2000), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Jackson Memorial Hospital (2003), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2006), Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Infectious disease in pregnancy
- Medical education
- Physician wellness
- Factors Associated with Postpartum Loss to Follow-Up and Detectable Viremia After Delivery Among Pregnant Women Living with HIV.
- Adhikari EH, Yule CS, Roberts SW, Rogers VL, Sheffield JS, Kelly MA, McIntire DD, Barnes A AIDS Patient Care STDS 2019 Jan 33 1 14-20
- generation ARCHITECT HIV Ag/Ab Combo assay and utility of signal-to-cutoff ratio to predict false positive HIV tests in pregnancy.
- Adhikari EH, Macias D, Gaffney D, White S, Rogers VL, McIntire DD, Roberts SW Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2018 Jun
- Infant outcomes among women with Zika virus infection during pregnancy: results of a large prenatal Zika screening program.
- Adhikari EH, Nelson DB, Johnson KA, Jacobs S, Rogers VL, Roberts S, Sexton T, McIntire DD, Casey B Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2017 Jan
- Benefit of Inter-Pregnancy Hiv Viral Load Suppression on Subsequent Maternal and Infant Outcomes.
- Stewart RD, Wells CE, Roberts SW, Rogers VL, McElwee BS, McIntire DD, Sheffield JS Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2014 Apr
- Effect of influenza vaccination in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Sheffield JS, Greer LG, Rogers VL, Roberts SW, Lytle H, McIntire DD, Wendel GD Obstet Gynecol 2012 Sep 120 3 532-7
- Prevention of Mother-to-Infant Transmission of Influenza during the Postpartum Period.
- Cantey JB, Bascik SL, Heyne NG, Gonzalez JR, Jackson GL, Rogers VL, Sheffield JS, Treviño S, Sendelbach D, Wendel GD, Sánchez PJ Am J Perinatol 2012 Aug
- Pharmacokinetics of oseltamivir according to trimester of pregnancy.
- Greer LG, Leff RD, Rogers VL, Roberts SW, McCracken GH, Wendel GD, Sheffield JS Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2011 Jun 204 6 Suppl 1 S89-93
- Pharmacokinetics of oseltamivir in breast milk and maternal plasma.
- Greer LG, Leff RD, Rogers VL, Roberts SW, McCracken GH, Wendel GD, Sheffield JS Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2011 Jun 204 6 524.e1-4
- Presentation of seasonal influenza A in pregnancy: 2003-2004 influenza season.
- Rogers VL, Sheffield JS, Roberts SW, McIntire DD, Luby JP, Trevino S, Wendel GD Obstet Gynecol 2010 May 115 5 924-9
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes after antepartum treatment of influenza with antiviral medications.
- Greer LG, Sheffield JS, Rogers VL, Roberts SW, McIntire DD, Wendel GD Obstet Gynecol 2010 Apr 115 4 711-6
Honors & Awards
- CREOG National Faculty Teaching Award
- Award for Excellence in Laparoscopy
- Helen Lansman Award for Most Compassionate Chief Resident
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (2016)
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (2008)
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine