I was born in Fayetteville, NC and grew up outside of Philadelphia, PA. As an undergraduate at the University of North Carolina I worked in the laboratories of Paul Kropp and, at the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences, Masahiko Negishi. I completed my graduate studies at Harvard University in 2001 under the direction of Eric Jacobsen, studying epoxide ring opening reactions. I then moved to Yale University for a postdoc with John Wood where I focused on total synthesis. I joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2003, and my research group currently focuses on natural products synthesis, medicinal chemistry and synthetic methodology.
Lab website - http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/ready/
- University of N C-Chapel Hill (1996), Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (2001), Chemistry
- Discovery and application of new chemical reactions; synthesis of biologically active small molecules
- Tandem Allylation/1,2-Boronate Rearrangement for the Asymmetric Synthesis of Indolines with Adjacent Quaternary Stereocenters.
- Panda S, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018 Sep
- Inhibitors of 15-Prostaglandin Dehydrogenase To Potentiate Tissue Repair.
- Antczak MI, Zhang Y, Wang C, Doran J, Naidoo J, Voruganti S, Williams NS, Markowitz SD, Ready JM J. Med. Chem. 2017 Apr
- A Concise Total Synthesis of Dictyodendrins F, H, and I Using Aryl Ynol Ethers as Key Building Blocks.
- Zhang W, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016 Jul
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of kibdelone C and simplified derivatives.
- Rujirawanich J, Kim S, Ma AJ, Butler JR, Wang Y, Wang C, Rosen M, Posner B, Nijhawan D, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016 Jul
- P7C3 Neuroprotective Chemicals Function by Activating the Rate-Limiting Enzyme in NAD Salvage.
- Wang G, Han T, Nijhawan D, Theodoropoulos P, Naidoo J, Yadavalli S, Mirzaei H, Pieper AA, Ready JM, McKnight SL Cell 2014 Sep 158 6 1324-34
- P7C3 and an unbiased approach to drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Pieper AA, McKnight SL, Ready JM Chem Soc Rev 2014 Feb
- Dehydrogenative Coupling to Enable the Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (-)-Simaomicin a
- Wang Y, Wang C, Butler JR, Ready JM Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 2013 Aug
- Enantioselective total synthesis of (-)-kibdelone C.
- Butler JR, Wang C, Bian J, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011 Jul 133 26 9956-9
- Inhibiting pyrimidine biosynthesis impairs Ebola virus replication through depletion of nucleoside pools and activation of innate immune responses.
- Luthra P, Naidoo J, Pietzsch CA, De S, Khadka S, Anantpadma M, Williams CG, Edwards MR, Davey RA, Bukreyev A, Ready JM, Basler CF Antiviral Res. 2018 Aug
- Discovery of Cytochrome P450 4F11 Activated Inhibitors of Stearoyl Coenzyme A Desaturase.
- Winterton SE, Capota E, Wang X, Chen H, Mallipeddi PL, Williams NS, Posner BA, Nijhawan D, Ready JM J. Med. Chem. 2018 Jun 61 12 5199-5221
Honors & Awards
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow
- Amgen Young Investigator Award
- NSF CAREER Award
- Southwestern Medical Center Scholar in Biomedical Research
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship