I was born in Fayetteville, NC and grew up outside of Philadelphia, PA. As an undergraduate at the University of North Carolina I worked in the laboratories of Paul Kropp and, at the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences, Masahiko Negishi. I completed my graduate studies at Harvard University in 2001 under the direction of Eric Jacobsen, studying epoxide ring opening reactions. I then moved to Yale University for a postdoc with John Wood where I focused on total synthesis. I joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2003, and my research group currently focuses on natural products synthesis, medicinal chemistry and synthetic methodology.
Lab website - http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/ready/
- University of N C-Chapel Hill (1996), Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (2001), Chemistry
- Discovery of new chemical reactions; medicinal chemistry; natural products synthesis
- Tumor-Activated Benzothiazole Inhibitors of Stearoyl-CoA Desaturase.
- Williams NS, Gonzales S, Naidoo J, Rivera-Cancel G, Voruganti S, Mallipeddi P, Theodoropoulos PC, Geboers S, Chen H, Ortiz F, Posner B, Nijhawan D, Ready JM, J. Med. Chem. 2020 Aug
- Regioselective, Photocatalytic a-Functionalization of Amines.
- Leng L, Fu Y, Liu P, Ready JM, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020 Jun
- Tandem Allylation/1,2-Boronate Rearrangement for the Asymmetric Synthesis of Indolines with Adjacent Quaternary Stereocenters.
- Panda S, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018 Sep
- Inhibitors of 15-Prostaglandin Dehydrogenase To Potentiate Tissue Repair.
- Antczak MI, Zhang Y, Wang C, Doran J, Naidoo J, Voruganti S, Williams NS, Markowitz SD, Ready JM J. Med. Chem. 2017 Apr
- Palladium Catalyzed Asymmetric Three-Component Coupling of Boronic Esters, Indoles, and Allylic Acetates.
- Panda S, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017 Apr
- A Concise Total Synthesis of Dictyodendrins F, H, and I Using Aryl Ynol Ethers as Key Building Blocks.
- Zhang W, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016 Jul
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of kibdelone C and simplified derivatives.
- Rujirawanich J, Kim S, Ma AJ, Butler JR, Wang Y, Wang C, Rosen M, Posner B, Nijhawan D, Ready JM J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016 Jul
- Discovery of tumor-specific irreversible inhibitors of stearoyl CoA desaturase.
- Theodoropoulos PC, Gonzales SS, Winterton SE, Rodriguez-Navas C, McKnight JS, Morlock LK, Hanson JM, Cross B, Owen AE, Duan Y, Moreno JR, Lemoff A, Mirzaei H, Posner BA, Williams NS, Ready JM, Nijhawan D Nat. Chem. Biol. 2016 Feb
- TISSUE REGENERATION. Inhibition of the prostaglandin-degrading enzyme 15-PGDH potentiates tissue regeneration.
- Zhang Y, Desai A, Yang SY, Bae KB, Antczak MI, Fink SP, Tiwari S, Willis JE, Williams NS, Dawson DM, Wald D, Chen WD, Wang Z, Kasturi L, Larusch GA, He L, Cominelli F, Di Martino L, Djuric Z, Milne GL, Chance M, Sanabria J, Dealwis C, Mikkola D, Naidoo J, Wei S, Tai HH, Gerson SL, Ready JM, Posner B, Willson JK, Markowitz SD Science 2015 Jun 348 6240 aaa2340
- P7C3 and an unbiased approach to drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Pieper AA, McKnight SL, Ready JM Chem Soc Rev 2014 Feb
Honors & Awards
- Bonnie Bell Harding Professor of Biochemistry
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow
- Amgen Young Investigator Award
- NSF CAREER Award
- Southwestern Medical Center Scholar in Biomedical Research
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship