Dr. Butt is a Thoracic pathologist and the medical director of Autopsy at Parkland Hospital and Clements University Hospital. She graduated from St. George’s University medical school and completed her pathology residency at UT Southwestern followed by a subspeciality fellowship in Thoracic Pathology. She completed an external rotation during residency at the Mayo Clinic for a month in pulmonary pathology in Scottsdale, AZ and for a month in cardiac/autopsy pathology in Rochester, MN during fellowship.
Her research interests lie in pulmonary and cardiovascular pathology. They include intetstitial lung disease, acute lung injury, lung cancer, and antibody mediated rejection in heart and lung transplants.
She has multiple publications and has written several book chapters in addition to being an associate editor of the recently published third edition of Pulmonary Pathology: An Atlas and Text.
She is a member of the ASCP AP CheckPath Committee and the Pulmonary Pathology Society Digital Content and Program Committees.
Pulmonary Pathology An Atlas and Text, 3rd Edition
Date Published: April 6, 2028
Lung and Pleural Pathology
Date Published: November 27, 2015
- Medical School
- St. George's University School of Medicine (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Anatomic Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Thoracic Pathology
- acute lung injury
- antibody-mediated rejection in heart and lung allografts
- interstitial lung disease
- lung cancer
- lung cancer heterogeneity and immune responses
- Pleuroparenchymal fibroelastosis: a pattern of chronic lung injury.
- Rosenbaum JN, Butt YM, Johnson KA, Meyer K, Batra K, Kanne JP, Torrealba JR Hum. Pathol. 2015 Jan 46 1 137-46
- Series of rare lung diseases mimicking imaging patterns of common diffuse parenchymal lung diseases.
- Batra K, Dessouky R, Butt YM, Wadhwa V, Torrealba JR, Glazer C Lung India 2018 May-Jun 35 3 231-236
- Pathology and Radiology Correlation of Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias.
- Batra K, Butt Y, Gokaslan T, Burguete D, Glazer C, Torrealba JR Hum. Pathol. 2017 Nov
- Pathology-Radiology Correlation of Common and Uncommon CT Patterns of Organizing Pneumonia.
- Torrealba JR, Fisher S, Kanne JP, Butt YM, Glazer C, Kershaw C, Burguete D, Gokaslan T, Batra K Hum. Pathol. 2017 Nov
- Lactate Metabolism in Human Lung Tumors.
- Faubert B, Li KY, Cai L, Hensley CT, Kim J, Zacharias LG, Yang C, Do QN, Doucette S, Burguete D, Li H, Huet G, Yuan Q, Wigal T, Butt Y, Ni M, Torrealba J, Oliver D, Lenkinski RE, Malloy CR, Wachsmann JW, Young JD, Kernstine K, DeBerardinis RJ Cell 2017 Oct 171 2 358-371.e9
- Cobalt related interstitial lung disease.
- Adams TN, Butt YM, Batra K, Glazer CS Respir Med 2017 Aug 129 91-97
- Update on Immunohistochemical Analysis in Breast Lesions.
- Peng Y, Butt YM, Chen B, Zhang X, Tang P Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2017 Jun
- Myelofibrosis secondary to renal osteodystrophy.
- Butt YM, Chen W Blood 2016 Oct 128 16 2104
- Acute Lung Injury: A Clinical and Molecular Review.
- Butt Y, Kurdowska A, Allen TC Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2016 Apr 140 4 345-50
- Metabolic Heterogeneity in Human Lung Tumors.
- Hensley CT, Faubert B, Yuan Q, Lev-Cohain N, Jin E, Kim J, Jiang L, Ko B, Skelton R, Loudat L, Wodzak M, Klimko C, McMillan E, Butt Y, Ni M, Oliver D, Torrealba J, Malloy CR, Kernstine K, Lenkinski RE, DeBerardinis RJ Cell 2016 Feb 164 4 681-94
Section 8 - Granulomatous Diseases. In Pulmonary Pathology: An Atlas and Text, Third Edition
Philip Cagle et al (Ed.) (2018). Philadelphia, LWW
Large Cell and Other Carcinomas; Sarcomatoid Carcinoma and Sarcoma. In Lung and Pleural Pathology
Allen TC and Butt YM (2016). New York, McGraw Hill Education