Siayhareh Rambally , M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Hematology/Oncology. She specializes in non-malignant blood disorders.
Originally from Saskatchewan, Canada, Dr. Rambally holds a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from Southern Methodist University. She received her medical degree from UT Southwestern, and completed internal medicine residency training at Baylor College of Medicine, where she also completed advanced training through a fellowship in hematology/oncology.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in hematology and oncology, she joined the UT Southwestern Faculty in 2013.
Dr. Rambally’s interests include sickle cell disease and bleeding disorders. Her investigations have resulted in multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals, as well as contributions to book chapters and case reports.
At UT Southwestern, she is actively involved in educating medical students, residents, and fellows. She received the department’s Eugene P. Frenkel Teaching Award in 2020. She also serves on the Anticoagulation Safety Workgroup at Parkland Memorial Hosptial
Dr. Rambally is a member of the Texas Medical Association and the American Society of Hematology.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2007)
- Baylor College of Medicine (2010), Internal Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine (2013), Hematology Oncology
- Complete ADAMTS13 remission in a patient with refractory autoimmune-mediated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura after infliximab.
- Bavli N, Lee N, Sarode R, Burstein E, Rambally S, Transfus Apher Sci 2021 Jul 103213
- Comparison of low fixed dose versus standard-dose rituximab to treat thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in the acute phase and preemptively during remission.
- Reddy MS, Hofmann S, Shen YM, Nagalla S, Rambally S, Usmani A, Sarode R, Transfus. Apher. Sci. 2020 Jul 102885
- Isolated Erythrocytosis Associated With 3 Novel Missense Mutations in the EGLN1 Gene.
- Moore JA, Hubbi ME, Wang C, Wang Y, Luo W, Hofmann S, Rambally S, J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep 2020 Jan-Dec 8 2324709620947256
- Intravenous immunoglobulin as an adjunct therapy in persisting heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Park BD, Kumar M, Nagalla S, De Simone N, Aster RH, Padmanabhan A, Sarode R, Rambally S Transfus. Apher. Sci. 2018 Aug 57 4 561-565
- Resolution of acute hepatitis B-associated aplastic anaemia with antiviral therapy.
- Hendren N, Moore J, Hofmann S, Rambally S BMJ Case Rep 2017 Oct 2017
- Coagulation Testing in a Bleeding Patient.
- Choi SH, Rambally S, Shen YM JAMA 2017 04 317 14 1479-1480
- Fusobacterium nucleatum bacteremia presenting with portal vein thrombosis: an abdominal Lemierre syndrome?
- Moore JA, Rambally S Am. J. Med. 2017 Feb
- Mixing Study for Evaluation of Abnormal Coagulation Testing.
- Choi SH, Rambally S, Shen YM JAMA 2016 Nov 316 20 2146-2147
- Ischemic stroke in a patient with moderate to severe inherited factor VII deficiency.
- Reddy M, Tawfik B, Gavva C, Yates S, De Simone N, Hofmann SL, Rambally S, Sarode R Transfus. Apher. Sci. 2016 Oct
- Transfusion management of factor V deficiency: three case reports and review of the literature.
- Gavva C, Yates SG, Rambally S, Sarode R Transfusion 2016 Apr
Honors & Awards
- Eugene P. Frenkel Teaching Award
This is an award chosen by the hematology/oncology fellows for excellence in teaching. (2019-2020)
- Texas Medical Association (2013)
- American Society of Hematology (2010)