Kan Ding, M.D., is Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in epilepsy and seizure disorders.
Dr. Ding earned her medical degree at Peking Union Medical College in China. She completed a residency in Neurology and advanced training in Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy through fellowships at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
Dr. Ding’s research focuses on the impact of regular physical activity in patients with epilepsy and traumatic brain injury. She also actively collaborates with the Critical Care EEG Monitoring Research Consortium (CCEMRC) to improve our understanding of the clinical significance of long-term EEG monitoring in critically ill patients.
- Medical School
- Peking Union Medical College (1997)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Epilepsy/clinical Neurophysiology
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Cognition comorbidity in epilepsy and traumatic brain injury
- ICU EEG Monitoring
- Post-Traumatic Epilepsy
- Carotid Arterial Compliance and Aerobic Exercise Training in Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury: A Pilot Study.
- Tomoto T, Le T, Tarumi T, Dieppa M, Bell K, Madden C, Zhang R, Ding K, J Head Trauma Rehabil 2021 Sep
- Hippocampal and Rostral Anterior Cingulate Blood Flow is Associated with Affective Symptoms in Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Thomas BP, Tarumi T, Wang C, Zhu DC, Tomoto T, Munro Cullum C, Dieppa M, Diaz-Arrastia R, Bell K, Madden C, Zhang R, Ding K, Brain Res 2021 Aug 147631
- Physical activity status and quality of life in patients with epilepsy - Survey from level four epilepsy monitoring units.
- Green R, Abe C, Denney DA, Zhang R, Doyle A, Gadelmola K, Cullum CM, Simon J, Neaves S, Perven G, Dieppa M, Hays R, Agostini M, Ding K, Epilepsy Res 2021 Apr 173 106639
- A proof-of-concept trial of a community-based aerobic exercise program for individuals with traumatic brain injury.
- Ding K, Tarumi T, Tomoto T, Bell KR, Madden C, Dieppa M, Cullum CM, Zhang S, Zhang R, Brain Inj 2021 Jan 1-8
- Impaired cerebral blood flow regulation in chronic traumatic brain injury.
- Ding K, Tarumi T, Tomoto T, Mccolloster M, Le T, Dieppa M, Diaz-Arrastia R, Bell K, Madden C, Cullum CM, Zhang R, Brain Res. 2020 Sep 1743 146924
- 123I-iofluopane SPECT as An Imaging Biomarker of Presynaptic Dopaminergic System after Moderate to Severe TBI.
- Womack KB, Dubiel R, Callender L, Dunklin C, Dahdah M, Harris TS, Devous M, Juengst S, Bell K, Diaz-Arrastia R, Ding K, J. Neurotrauma 2020 Mar
- Comparison of psychiatric comorbidities and impact on quality of life in patients with epilepsy or psychogenic nonepileptic spells.
- Abe C, Denney D, Doyle A, Cullum M, Adams J, Perven G, Dave H, Dieppa M, Hays R, Agostini M, Ding K, Epilepsy Behav 2019 Nov 102 106649
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and White Matter Neuronal Fiber Integrity in Mild Cognitive Impairment.
- Ding K, Tarumi T, Zhu DC, Tseng BY, Thomas BP, Turner M, Repshas J, Kerwin DR, Womack KB, Lu H, Cullum CM, Zhang R J. Alzheimers Dis. 2018 61 2 729-739
- Regional atrophy in temporal lobe epilepsy: correlations with cognitive impairment.
- Ding K, Gong Y, Gupta P, Frol A, McColl R, Agostini M, Modur P, Van Ness P, Diaz-Arrastia R. Journal of neurological disorders & stroke 2014 3 2 1053
- Cerebral atrophy after traumatic white matter injury: correlation with acute neuroimaging and outcome
- Ding, K. Marquez de la Plata, C. Wang, J. Y. Mumphrey, M. Moore, C. Harper, C. Madden, C. J. McColl, R. Whittemore, A. Devous, M. D. Diaz-Arrastia, R. Journal of Neurotrauma 2008 25 12 1433-40
Posttraumatic seizures. In Manual of traumatic brain injury: Assessment and management (2nd edition)
Ding K and Diaz-Arrastia R (2016). Demos Medical
Epilepsy after TBI. In Translational Research in Traumatic Brain Injury in Frontiers in Neuroscience
Ding K, Gupta P, and Diaz-Arrastia R (2015). CRC Press
Honors & Awards
- Darryl K Royal Foundation Research Award
- Victor Riberg/Leon Weisberg Award 1st place
- American Academy of Neurology (2008)
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (2012)
- American Epilepsy Society (2012)
- National Neurotrauma Society (2016)
- Texas Neurology Society (2016)