Kan Ding, M.D., is Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in epilepsy and seizure disorders.
Dr. Ding earned her medical degree at Peking Union Medical College in China. She completed a residency in Neurology and advanced training in Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy through fellowships at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
Dr. Ding’s research focuses on the impact of regular physical activity in patients with epilepsy and traumatic brain injury. She also actively collaborates with the Critical Care EEG Monitoring Research Consortium (CCEMRC) to improve our understanding of the clinical significance of long-term EEG monitoring in critically ill patients.
- Medical School
- Peking Union Medical College (1997)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Epilepsy/clinical Neurophysiology
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Cognition comorbidity in epilepsy and traumatic brain injury
- ICU EEG Monitoring
- Post-Traumatic Epilepsy
- Central autonomic network functional connectivity: correlation with baroreflex function and cardiovascular variability in older adults.
- Ding K, Tarumi T, Wang C, Vernino S, Zhang R, Zhu DC, Brain Struct Funct 2020 Apr
- 123I-iofluopane SPECT as An Imaging Biomarker of Presynaptic Dopaminergic System after Moderate to Severe TBI.
- Womack KB, Dubiel R, Callender L, Dunklin C, Dahdah M, Harris TS, Devous M, Juengst S, Bell K, Diaz-Arrastia R, Ding K, J. Neurotrauma 2020 Mar
- Comparison of psychiatric comorbidities and impact on quality of life in patients with epilepsy or psychogenic nonepileptic spells.
- Abe C, Denney D, Doyle A, Cullum M, Adams J, Perven G, Dave H, Dieppa M, Hays R, Agostini M, Ding K, Epilepsy Behav 2019 Nov 102 106649
- Diagnostic Yield of 2-Hour EEG Is Similar With 30-Minute EEG in Patients With a Normal 30-Minute EEG.
- Mahuwala Z, Ahmadi S, Bozoky Z, Hays R, Agostini M, Ding K, J Clin Neurophysiol 2019 Feb
- Interictal Epileptiform Discharge Detection in EEG in Different Practice Settings.
- Halford JJ, Westover MB, LaRoche SM, Macken MP, Kutluay E, Edwards JC, Bonilha L, Kalamangalam GP, Ding K, Hopp JL, Arain A, Dawson RA, Martz GU, Wolf BJ, Waters CG, Dean BC J Clin Neurophysiol 2018 Jul
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and White Matter Neuronal Fiber Integrity in Mild Cognitive Impairment.
- Ding K, Tarumi T, Zhu DC, Tseng BY, Thomas BP, Turner M, Repshas J, Kerwin DR, Womack KB, Lu H, Cullum CM, Zhang R J. Alzheimers Dis. 2018 61 2 729-739
- Regional atrophy in temporal lobe epilepsy: correlations with cognitive impairment.
- Ding K, Gong Y, Gupta P, Frol A, McColl R, Agostini M, Modur P, Van Ness P, Diaz-Arrastia R. Journal of neurological disorders & stroke 2014 3 2 1053
- Cerebral atrophy after traumatic white matter injury: correlation with acute neuroimaging and outcome
- Ding, K. Marquez de la Plata, C. Wang, J. Y. Mumphrey, M. Moore, C. Harper, C. Madden, C. J. McColl, R. Whittemore, A. Devous, M. D. Diaz-Arrastia, R. Journal of Neurotrauma 2008 25 12 1433-40
- Assessing recent suicidal ideation and behavior in the adult epilepsy monitoring unit.
- Husari KS, Blackburn KM, Ding K, Roaten K, Hays R, Epilepsy Behav 2019 Mar 94 100-103
- Arterial Pressure, Heart Rate, and Cerebral Hemodynamics Across the Adult Life Span.
- Xing CY, Tarumi T, Meijers RL, Turner M, Repshas J, Xiong L, Ding K, Vongpatanasin W, Yuan LJ, Zhang R Hypertension 2017 Feb
Posttraumatic seizures. In Manual of traumatic brain injury: Assessment and management (2nd edition)
Ding K and Diaz-Arrastia R (2016). Demos Medical
Epilepsy after TBI. In Translational Research in Traumatic Brain Injury in Frontiers in Neuroscience
Ding K, Gupta P, and Diaz-Arrastia R (2015). CRC Press
Honors & Awards
- Darryl K Royal Foundation Research Award
- Victor Riberg/Leon Weisberg Award 1st place
- National Neurotrauma Society (2016)
- Texas Neurology Society (2016)
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (2012)
- American Epilepsy Society (2012)
- American Academy of Neurology (2008)