- Univ of California-Berkeley (1997), Molecular & Cell Biology
- Univ of California-Berkeley (1997), Bioengineering
- Graduate School
- Stanford University (2002), Biophysics
- How proteins sense cholesterol in cell membranes
- Molecular Discrimination between Two Conformations of Sphingomyelin in Plasma Membranes.
- Endapally S, Frias D, Grzemska M, Gay A, Tomchick DR, Radhakrishnan A Cell 2019 Jan
- Retrospective on Cholesterol Homeostasis: The Central Role of Scap
- Brown MS, Radhakrishnan A, Goldstein JL Annu Rev Biochem. 2018 Jun 87 783-807
- Continuous transport of a small fraction of plasma membrane cholesterol to endoplasmic reticulum regulates total cellular cholesterol.
- Infante RE, Radhakrishnan A Elife 2017 Apr 6
- Cholesterol-induced conformation changes in the sterol-sensing domain of the scap protein suggest feedback mechanism to control cholesterol synthesis.
- Gao Y, Zhou Y, Goldstein JL, Brown MS, Radhakrishnan A J. Biol. Chem. 2017 Apr
- Variability of cholesterol accessibility in human red blood cells measured using a bacterial cholesterol-binding toxin.
- Chakrabarti RS, Ingham SA, Kozlitina J, Gay A, Cohen JC, Radhakrishnan A, Hobbs HH Elife 2017 Feb 6
- Direct Demonstration that Loop1 of Scap Binds to Loop7, a crucial event in cholesterol homeostasis.
- Zhang Y, Lee KM, Kinch LN, Clark L, Grishin NV, Rosenbaum DM, Brown MS, Goldstein JL, Radhakrishnan A J. Biol. Chem. 2016 Apr
- PROTEIN STRUCTURE. Crystal structure of a mycobacterial Insig homolog provides insight into how these sensors monitor sterol levels.
- Ren R, Zhou X, He Y, Ke M, Wu J, Liu X, Yan C, Wu Y, Gong X, Lei X, Yan SF, Radhakrishnan A, Yan N Science 2015 Jul 349 6244 187-91
- Switch-like Responses of Two Cholesterol Sensors Do Not Require Protein Oligomerization in Membranes.
- Gay A, Rye D, Radhakrishnan A Biophys. J. 2015 Mar 108 6 1459-69
- Three pools of plasma membrane cholesterol and their relation to cholesterol homeostasis.
- Das A, Brown MS, Anderson DD, Goldstein JL, Radhakrishnan A Elife 2014 Jun e02882
- Use of mutant 125I-Perfringolysin O to probe transport and organization of cholesterol in membranes of animal cells.
- Das A, Goldstein JL, Anderson DD, Brown MS, Radhakrishnan A Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2013 Jun 110 26 10580-5