- Univ of California-Berkeley (1997), Molecular & Cell Biology
- Univ of California-Berkeley (1997), Bioengineering
- Graduate School
- Stanford University (2002), Biophysics
- How cells control their cholesterol levels
- Accessibility of cholesterol at cell surfaces.
- Johnson KA, Radhakrishnan A, J. Lipid Res. 2020 Apr
- Oxysterols provide innate immunity to bacterial infection by mobilizing cell surface accessible cholesterol.
- Abrams ME, Johnson KA, Perelman SS, Zhang LS, Endapally S, Mar KB, Thompson BM, McDonald JG, Schoggins JW, Radhakrishnan A, Alto NM, Nat Microbiol 2020 Apr
- Cholesterol Stabilizes TAZ in Hepatocytes to Promote Experimental Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis.
- Wang X, Cai B, Yang X, Sonubi OO, Zheng Z, Ramakrishnan R, Shi H, Valenti L, Pajvani UB, Sandhu J, Infante RE, Radhakrishnan A, Covey DF, Guan KL, Buck J, Levin LR, Tontonoz P, Schwabe RF, Tabas I, Cell Metab. 2020 Apr
- Ostreolysin A and anthrolysin O use different mechanisms to control movement of cholesterol from the plasma membrane to the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Johnson KA, Endapally S, Vazquez DC, Infante RE, Radhakrishnan A, J. Biol. Chem. 2019 Oct
- Cholesterol accessibility at the ciliary membrane controls Hedgehog signaling.
- Kinnebrew M, Iverson EJ, Patel BB, Pusapati GV, Kong JH, Johnson KA, Luchetti G, Eckert KM, McDonald JG, Covey DF, Siebold C, Radhakrishnan A, Rohatgi R, Elife 2019 Oct 8
- Molecular Discrimination between Two Conformations of Sphingomyelin in Plasma Membranes.
- Endapally S, Frias D, Grzemska M, Gay A, Tomchick DR, Radhakrishnan A Cell 2019 Jan
- Monitoring and Modulating Intracellular Cholesterol Trafficking Using ALOD4, a Cholesterol-Binding Protein.
- Endapally S, Infante RE, Radhakrishnan A Methods Mol. Biol. 2019 1949 153-163
- Retrospective on Cholesterol Homeostasis: The Central Role of Scap
- Brown MS, Radhakrishnan A, Goldstein JL Annu Rev Biochem. 2018 Jun 87 783-807
- Continuous transport of a small fraction of plasma membrane cholesterol to endoplasmic reticulum regulates total cellular cholesterol.
- Infante RE, Radhakrishnan A Elife 2017 Apr 6
- Cholesterol-induced conformation changes in the sterol-sensing domain of the scap protein suggest feedback mechanism to control cholesterol synthesis.
- Gao Y, Zhou Y, Goldstein JL, Brown MS, Radhakrishnan A J. Biol. Chem. 2017 Apr