- Univ of California-Berkeley (1997), Molecular & Cell Biology
- Univ of California-Berkeley (1997), Bioengineering
- Graduate School
- Stanford University (2002), Biophysics
- How signaling by membrane cholesterol controls cell growth and protects us from microbial infection
- A concerted mechanism involving ACAT and SREBPs by which oxysterols deplete accessible cholesterol to restrict microbial infection.
- Heisler DB, Johnson KA, Ma DH, Ohlson MB, Zhang L, Tran M, Corley CD, Abrams ME, McDonald JG, Schoggins JW, Alto NM, Radhakrishnan A, Elife 2023 Jan 12
- Measuring and Manipulating Membrane Cholesterol for the Study of Hedgehog Signaling.
- Kinnebrew M, Johnson KA, Radhakrishnan A, Rohatgi R, Methods Mol Biol 2022 2374 73-87
- Patched 1 reduces the accessibility of cholesterol in the outer leaflet of membranes.
- Kinnebrew M, Luchetti G, Sircar R, Frigui S, Viti LV, Naito T, Beckert F, Saheki Y, Siebold C, Radhakrishnan A, Rohatgi R, Elife 2021 Oct 10
- Scap structures highlight key role for rotation of intertwined luminal loops in cholesterol sensing.
- Kober DL, Radhakrishnan A, Goldstein JL, Brown MS, Clark LD, Bai XC, Rosenbaum DM, Cell 2021 Jun
- The use of anthrolysin O and ostreolysin A to study cholesterol in cell membranes.
- Johnson KA, Radhakrishnan A, Methods Enzymol 2021 649 543-566
- Cholesterol access in cellular membranes controls Hedgehog signaling.
- Radhakrishnan A, Rohatgi R, Siebold C, Nat Chem Biol 2020 Dec 16 12 1303-1313
- Identification of a degradation signal at the carboxy terminus of SREBP2: A new role for this domain in cholesterol homeostasis.
- Kober DL, Xu S, Li S, Bajaj B, Liang G, Rosenbaum DM, Radhakrishnan A, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2020 Oct
- Accessible cholesterol is localized in bacterial plasma membrane protrusions.
- Abrams ME, Johnson KA, Radhakrishnan A, Alto NM, J. Lipid Res. 2020 Jul
- Accessibility of cholesterol at cell surfaces.
- Johnson KA, Radhakrishnan A, J. Lipid Res. 2020 Apr
- Oxysterols provide innate immunity to bacterial infection by mobilizing cell surface accessible cholesterol.
- Abrams ME, Johnson KA, Perelman SS, Zhang LS, Endapally S, Mar KB, Thompson BM, McDonald JG, Schoggins JW, Radhakrishnan A, Alto NM, Nat Microbiol 2020 Apr