Dr. Hoffman is a member of the Gynecology Division in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. A 1987 graduate of Indiana University School of Medicine, she completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at UT Southwestern and Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas in 1991. After ten years in private practice, she joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2002.
Dr. Hoffman interests include academic technical writing and resident education. She is an author/editor of Williams Gynecology which she helped to launch in 2008 as well as an author/editor of Williams Obstetrics. She is active in mentoring medical students and as a thesis advisor for the Biomedical Communications Graduate Program at UT Southwestern.
Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Hoffman's clinical responsibilities are in the Parkland Health and Hospital System.
- Medical School
- Indiana University School of Medicine (1987)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1991), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Unruptured second-trimester ovarian pregnancy.
- Elwell KE, Sailors JL, Denson PK, Hoffman B, Wai CY J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Res. 2015 May
- Avoiding the Bowel: A Report of a Mature Cystic Teratoma Displaying Full-Developed Intestinal Tissue Protruding from an Ovarian Tumor
- Nelson DB, Hoffman BL Gynecological Surgery 2011 8 223
- Unilateral twin ectopic pregnancy in a patient with a history of multiple sexually transmitted infections.
- Rolle CJ, Wai CY, Bawdon R, Santos-Ramos R, Hoffman B Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2006 2006 10306
- Infertility and Psychological Stress
- Hoffman BL Mental Fitness 2004 3 2 67-72
- Delayed puberty and amenorrhea.
- Hoffman B, Bradshaw KD Semin. Reprod. Med. 2003 Nov 21 4 353-62
Williams Obstetrics, 25th Edition
Cunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Spong CY (Ed.) (2018). New York, McGraw-Hill
Cunningham and Gilstrap's Operative Obstetrics, 3rd Edition
Yeomans ER, Hoffman BL, Gilstrap LC III, Cunningham FG (Ed.) (2017). New York, McGraw-Hill Education
Williams Gynecology, 3rd Edition
Hoffman BL, Schorge JO, Bradshaw KD, Halvorson LM, Schaffer JI, Corton MM (Ed.) (2016). New York, McGraw-Hill Education
Williams Gynecology, 3rd Edition Study Guide
Werner CL, Richardson DL, Chang SY, Griffith WF, Hamid CA, Rahn DD, Moschos E, Hoffman BL (2016). New York, McGraw-Hill Education
Honors & Awards
- Core Clerkship Teaching Award, Ob/Gyn, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Association of Professors and Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO) Third-year Medical Student Teaching Award, University of Texas Southwestern, Department of Ob/Gyn
- Socrates Teaching Award, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas