Steven Copenhaver, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
- Medical School
- Texas A & M University College of Medicine (1989)
- Duke University Medical Center (1990), Pediatrics
- Duke University Medical Center (1992), Pediatrics
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (1996), Pediatric Pulmonology
- Cystic fibrosis
- Forced Expiratory Volume in 1 Second Variability Helps Identify Patients with Cystic Fibrosis at Risk of Greater Loss of Lung Function.
- Morgan WJ, VanDevanter DR, Pasta DJ, Foreman AJ, Wagener JS, Konstan MW J. Pediatr. 2016 Feb 169 116-21.e2
- Beclomethasone diproprionate reduced airway inflammation without adrenal suppression in young children with cystic fibrosis: a pilot study.
- Wojtczak HA, Kerby GS, Wagener JS, Copenhaver SC, Gotlin RW, Riches DW, Accurso FJ Pediatr. Pulmonol. 2001 Oct 32 4 293-302
- Cystic Fibrosis: a case of "faded genes"
- Browne BA, Brunner LJ, Weir MR, Copenhaver, SC Journal of Clinical Problem Based Learning 2000 May
- Early inflammation and the development of pulmonary disease in cystic fibrosis.
- Wagener JS, Kahn TZ, Copenhaver SC, Accurso FJ Pediatr Pulmonol Suppl 1997 16 267-8
- Increased DNA levels in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid obtained from infants with cystic fibrosis.
- Kirchner KK, Wagener JS, Khan TZ, Copenhaver SC, Accurso FJ Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 1996 Nov 154 5 1426-9
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2013) (2015-2018)
- Children’s Medical Center Outstanding Community Practitioner
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly (2015, 2018)
- American College of Chest Physicians, Fellow
- American Specialty Board in Pediatric Pulmonology
- American Thoracic Society
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Society