Dr. Sing-Yi Feng graduated from the Pennsylvania State University/Jefferson Medical College’s 6-year pre-medicine/medicine program located in Philadelphia, PA. She did her pediatric residency at Lutheran General Children’s Hospital in Park Ridge, IL and stayed an extra year as chief resident. She then moved to Dallas, completed the pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas/Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, and stayed to do a Medical Toxicology Fellowship at Parkland Memorial Hospital. She is now an associate professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center and works at the emergency departments at Children’s Medical Center at Dallas and Plano. She is also a medical toxicologist associated with the North Texas Poison Center located at Parkland Memorial Hospital. During the academic year of 2019-2020, Dr. Feng was the assistant pediatric emergency medicine fellowship director and became the associate pediatric emergency medicine fellowship director in July 2020.
- Medical School
- Jefferson Medical College (1998)
- Lutheran General Hospital (2001), Pediatrics
- Lutheran General Hospital (2002), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2005), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (2007), Medical Toxicology
- Medical Education
- Clinical Features of E-cigarette, or Vaping, Product Use-Associated Lung Injury in Teenagers.
- Rao DR, Maple KL, Dettori A, Afolabi F, Francis JKR, Artunduaga M, Lieu TJ, Aldy K, Cao DJ, Hsu S, Feng SY, Mittal V, Pediatrics 2020 May
- Review of Health Consequences of Electronic Cigarettes and the Outbreak of Electronic Cigarette, or Vaping, Product Use-Associated Lung Injury.
- Cao DJ, Aldy K, Hsu S, McGetrick M, Verbeck G, De Silva I, Feng SY, J Med Toxicol 2020 Apr
- "That's Not His Regular Formula": A Case of Organophosphate Poisoning in an Infant.
- Dodson J, Feng SY, Rodriguez D, Pediatr Emerg Care 2019 May
- Comparison of Unintentional Exposures to Codeine and Hydrocodone Reported to Texas Poison Centers.
- Day L, Kleinschmidt K, Forrester MB, Feng SY J Emerg Med 2016 Feb
- Cheese: an old drug in a new wrapper.
- Maxwell JC, Coleman JJ, Feng SY, Goto CS, Tirado CF Drug Alcohol Depend 2012 Nov 126 1-2 161-7
- Benzonatate toxicity in a teenager resulting in coma, seizures, and severe metabolic acidosis.
- Thimann DA, Huang CJ, Goto CS, Feng SY J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 2012 Jul 17 3 270-3
- Dangerous Drug Interactions
- Velez LI, Feng SY, Goto CS, Benitez FL Emergency Medicine Reports 2011 Sep 32 249-260
- Cardiotoxicity associated with the synthetic cannabinoid, K9, with laboratory confirmation.
- Young AC, Schwarz E, Medina G, Obafemi A, Feng SY, Kane C, Kleinschmidt K The American journal of emergency medicine 2011 Jul
- Good outcomes despite high urinary arsenic concentrations from overdose with crabgrass killer.
- Roth B, Schwarz E, Feng SY, Young A J Med Toxicol 2011 Jun 7 2 158-61
- A dispensing error resulting in possible fluoxetine overdose and subsequent discontinuation syndrome in a child.
- Velez LI, Feng SY, Neerman MF Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2010 Nov 49 11 1072-4
Toxic Ingestions & Exposures. In LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Pediatric Emergency Medicine, C. Stone, R. Humphries, D. Drigalla, M. Stephan, eds.
Feng SY, Goto CS (2015). McGraw-Hill Education
Anticholinergics. In Rosen's Emergency Medicine - Concepts and Clinical Practice, 8th edition, J. Marx, R. Hockberger, R. Walls, eds.
Velez L, Feng S (2013). Philadelphia, Saunders Elsevier
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Apparent Life-Threatening Event. In Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts, 2nd edition, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, R. Schafermeyer, R. Wiebe, H. Prendergast, V. Dobiesz, eds.
Feng SY, Goto CS (2011). McGraw-Hill
Toxic Ingestions and Exposures. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 22nd edition, C. Rudolph, A. Rudolph, G. Lister, A. Gershon, eds.
Feng S, Goto CS, Baker MD (2011). McGraw-Hill
Body Packers and Stuffers. In Fleisher and Ludwig's 5 Minute Pediatric Emergency Medicine Consult, 2nd edition, Hoffman RJ, et al, eds.
Feng S, Goto CS (2019). Wolters Kluwer; 70-72
Bites and Stings. In Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics, 21st edition.
Feng D, Goto CS (2019). Elsevier Inc; p 3822
Toxic Ingestions and Exposures. In Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd edition, Kline MW, Blaney SM, Giardino AP, Orange JS, Penny DJ, Schutze GE, Shekerdemian LS, eds.
Feng S, Goto CS (2018). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education; 500-513
Honors & Awards
- Fellowship Educator of the Year
UT Southwestern Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship (2019)
- Most Valuable Personnel
Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL (2001)
- Dean's List
Penn State University Eberly College of Science (1992-1994)
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Society of Emergency Medicine, Council of Injury, Violence, and Poison Prevention (2012)
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (2006)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (2005)
- American College of Medical Toxicologists: Pediatric Special Interest Group, Toxicology History Society (2005)