Dr. Lingvay graduated from medical school among the top 5% of her class. She completed the Internal Medicine Residency at Texas Tech University in 2002, and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2005. Dr. Lingvay was selected to participate in the first class of the Clinical Research Scholars Program at UT Southwestern which she completed in 2008. In 2007 she received a National Institute of Health Career Development Award to study the role of pancreatic triglyceride accumulation in beta-cell failure and type 2 diabetes and to further develop her career as a clinical investigator. Dr. Lingvay also received the Master in Public Health degree from University of Texas School of Public Health in Houston in 2006.
- Medical School
- Carol Davila University of Medicine & Pharmacy (1998)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2000), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2006)
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Efficacy and Safety of Once-Weekly Semaglutide Versus Exenatide ER in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes (SUSTAIN 3): A 56-Week, Open-Label, Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Ahmann AJ, Capehorn M, Charpentier G, Dotta F, Henkel E, Lingvay I, Holst AG, Annett MP, Aroda VR Diabetes Care 2017 Dec
- Semaglutide, reduction in HbA1c and the risk of diabetic retinopathy.
- Vilsbøll T, Bain SC, Leiter LA, Lingvay I, Matthews D, Simó R, Helmark IC, Wijayasinghe N, Larsen M Diabetes Obes Metab 2017 Nov
- Doc, I Just Ate: Interpreting Random Blood Glucose Values in Patients with Unknown Glycemic Status.
- Bowen ME, Xuan L, Lingvay I, Halm EA J Gen Intern Med 2017 Nov
- Hyposialylated IgG activates endothelial IgG receptor Fc?RIIB to promote obesity-induced insulin resistance.
- Tanigaki K, Sacharidou A, Peng J, Chambliss KL, Yuhanna IS, Ghosh D, Ahmed M, Szalai AJ, Vongpatanasin W, Mattrey RF, Chen Q, Azadi P, Lingvay I, Botto M, Holland WL, Kohler JJ, Sirsi SR, Hoyt K, Shaul PW, Mineo C J. Clin. Invest. 2017 Nov
- The Infamous, Famous Sulfonylureas and Cardiovascular Safety: Much Ado About Nothing?
- Pop LM, Lingvay I Curr. Diab. Rep. 2017 Oct 17 12 124
- IDegLira was effective across a range of dysglycaemia and BMI categories in the DUAL V randomized trial.
- Lingvay I, Harris S, Jaeckel E, Chandarana K, Ranthe MF, Jódar E Diabetes Obes Metab 2017 Jun
- The effect of baseline characteristics on clinical efficacy of liraglutide in patients treated with high-dose insulin.
- Pokala N, Adams-Huet B, Li X, Harrison LB, Vanderheiden A, Lingvay I Diabetes Obes Metab 2017 Jun
- Efficacy and Safety of Insulin Glargine 300 U/mL Versus Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in High-Risk and Low-Risk Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Stratified Using Common Clinical Performance Measures.
- Lingvay I, Chao J, Dalal MR, Meneghini LF Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2017 May 19 5 315-322
- Rates of hypoglycaemia are lower in patients treated with insulin degludec/liraglutide (IDegLira) than with IDeg or insulin glargine regardless of the hypoglycaemia definition used.
- Norwood P, Chen R, Jaeckel E, Lingvay I, Jarlov H, Lehmann L, Heller S Diabetes Obes Metab 2017 Apr
- SODIUM GLUCOSE COTRANSPORTER 2 AND DIPEPTIDYL PEPTIDASE-4 INHIBITION: PROMISE OF A DYNAMIC DUO.
- Lingvay I Endocr Pract 2017 Mar
- American Diabetes Association
- American Federation for Medical Research
- Association of Program Directors in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes
- The Endocrine Society