Stephen Kircher, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Stephen Kircher, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Community Radiology Division. His clinical interests include reading plain film, computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and performing fluoroscopy.
Dr. Kircher holds a bachelor’s degree in microbiology from Texas A&M University in College Station. He earned his medical degree at UT Medical Branch in Galveston. He completed his residency in radiology at the University of California Irvine Medical Center. He then received advanced training in body imaging through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Kircher is committed to working with referring physicians, and he regularly provides after-hours consults, offering clinical imaging services from 2 p.m. to midnight. He also supervises medical students and residents during their Emergency Radiology rotation and discusses the physics, anatomy, and pathology relevant to emergent cases.
He has collaborated in research projects exploring women’s health in areas such as breast reconstruction surgery and cystourethrography.
Dr. Kircher is a member of the Radiological Society of North America.
- Medical School
- UT Medical Branch at Galveston (1997)
- University of Hawaii at Manoa John A. Burns School of Medicine (1998), Surgery
- University of California, Irvine Medical Center (2002), Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2003), F
Honors & Awards
- Hildebrand Academic Scholarship
- Distinguished Student
Texas A&M University (1991)
- President's Endowed Scholarship
Texas A&M University (1989)
- American College of Radiology
- Phi Chi Medical Fraternity
- Radiologic Society of North America