Patricia Santiago-Munoz, M.D.
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Santiago-Muñoz is a member of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center where she is the Director of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship Program. She received her medical degree from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine and completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Puerto Rico, where she was chief resident.
After two years in academic and private practice, where she was honored by her residents with the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists faculty award, she moved to Dallas and completed a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Santiago-Muñoz is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. She is also a member of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and a Fellow of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Dr. Santiago-Muñoz speaks French and Spanish. At UT Southwestern’s High-Risk Pregnancy and Prenatal Genetics program, she provides the full spectrum of prenatal diagnostic and evaluation services and also accepts and delivers high-risk obstetrical patients at UT Southwestern’s William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital.
Women with chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, lupus, cancer or multiple sclerosis are at risk for developing complications during pregnancy. Dr. Santiago-Muñoz works with obstetricians to develop treatment plans for women who have existing medical conditions or who develop pregnancy complications that may affect them or their babies. She co-manages patient care with obstetricians as well as with adult and pediatric subspecialists. Should the situation warrant a complete transfer of care, she also accepts obstetrical patients for delivery at Clements University Hospital.
- Medical School
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (1996)
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (2000), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Outcomes of Pregnancies with Fetal Gastroschisis
- Patricia C. Santiago-Munoz, Donald D. McIntire, Robert G. Barber, Stephen M. Megison, Diane M. Twickler, Jodi S. Dashe Obstetrics and Gynecology September 2007 Volume 110, Number 3 663-668
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and C in pregnant women who are infected with human immunodeficiency virus.
- Santiago-Munoz P, Roberts S, Sheffield J, McElwee B, Wendel GD Jr American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology September 2005 193(3 Pt 2) 1270-3
Honors & Awards
- National Faculty Award
ACOG and Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (2002)
- 5th World Congress of Perinatology
Honorable Mention/Top 5 Obstetrics Posters (2001)
- Chief Resident
Administrative Chief Resident (2000)
- 4th World Congress of Perinatology
Honorable Mention - Poster Presentation (1999)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine