Dr. Spangler received a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Wichita State University in 1976 and a Master of Science in Epidemiology from Harvard School of Public Health in 1980. She graduated from the Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1985 and completed her residency in Radiation Oncology in 1989. Following her residency, Dr. Spangler was in private practice in radiation oncology in Daytona Beach, Florida for twelve years where she served as Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology and President of the Medical Staff at Halifax Medical Center. She elected to focus on the treatment of breast cancer, and completed the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation/UT Southwestern Center for Breast Care Fellowship in 2003.
- Medical School
- Medical College of Pennsylvania (1985)
- Shands at the University of Florida (1986), Rotating
- Shands at the University of Florida (1989), Radiation Oncology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2003), Breast Cancer Care
- Preliminary Results of a Phase 1 Dose-Escalation Trial for Early-Stage Breast Cancer Using 5-Fraction Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Partial-Breast Irradiation.
- Rahimi A, Thomas K, Spangler A, Rao R, Leitch M, Wooldridge R, Rivers A, Seiler S, Albuquerque K, Stevenson S, Goudreau S, Garwood D, Haley B, Euhus D, Heinzerling J, Ding C, Gao A, Ahn C, Timmerman R Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2017 May 98 1 196-205.e2
- Aspirin/antiplatelet agent use improves disease-free survival and reduces the risk of distant metastases in Stage II and III triple-negative breast cancer patients.
- Shiao J, Thomas KM, Rahimi AS, Rao R, Yan J, Xie XJ, DaSilva M, Spangler A, Leitch M, Wooldridge R, Rivers A, Farr D, Haley B, Kim DW Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2016 Dec
- Ultrasound-Guided Placement of Gold Fiducial Markers for Stereotactic Partial-Breast Irradiation.
- Seiler S, Rahimi A, Choudhery S, Garwood D, Spangler A, Cherian S, Goudreau S AJR Am J Roentgenol 2016 Sep 207 3 685-8
- Radiation practice patterns among United States radiation oncologists for postmastectomy breast reconstruction and oncoplastic breast reduction.
- Thomas K, Rahimi A, Spangler A, Anderson J, Garwood D Pract Radiat Oncol 2014 Nov-Dec 4 6 466-71
- Development and experience with an EMR based radiation oncology toxicity recording instrument (ROTOX): Benchmarking and quality improvement.
- Albuquerque K, Rodgers K, Sauer K, Chen SA, Yordy JS, Nedzi LA, Abdulrahman RE, Choe KS, Garwood D, Meyer JJ, Spangler A, Westover KD, Rahimi A, Choy H Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2014 90 1 S820
- Results of the Association of Directors of Radiation Oncology Programs (ADROP) survey of radiation oncology residency program directors.
- Harris EE, Abdel-Wahab M, Spangler AE, Lawton CA, Amdur RJ Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2009 Jun 74 2 327-37
- Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation With Combined Modality Therapy for Patients With Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Cho LC, Dowell JE, Garwood D, Spangler A, Choy H Semin Oncol 2005 32 3 293-298
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Radiological Society