Dr. Katie Stewart completed undergraduate studies at Rice University and then graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas. She completed residency in general pediatrics at Children’s Medical Center Dallas and fellowship in pediatric rheumatology also at the University of Texas Southwestern. Dr. Stewart’s clinical interests include localized scleroderma. She currently cares for patients at Children’s Health and Scottish Rite for Children.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2005)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2008), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2011), Rheumatology
- Localized scleroderma
- Developing comparative effectiveness studies for a rare, understudied pediatric disease: lessons learned from the CARRA juvenile localized scleroderma consensus treatment plan pilot study.
- Li SC, Fuhlbrigge RC, Laxer RM, Pope E, Ibarra MF, Stewart K, Mason T, Becker ML, Hong S, Dedeoglu F, Torok KS, Rabinovich CE, Ferguson PJ, Punaro M, Feldman BM, Andrews T, Higgins GC, Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 2019 Jul 17 1 43
- T cell population expanded in lupus blood provides B cell help through interleukin-10 and succinate.
- Caielli S, Veiga DT, Balasubramanian P, Athale S, Domic B, Murat E, Banchereau R, Xu Z, Chandra M, Chung CH, Walters L, Baisch J, Wright T, Punaro M, Nassi L, Stewart K, Fuller J, Ucar D, Ueno H, Zhou J, Banchereau J, Pascual V Nat. Med. 2019 Jan 25 1 75-81
- Natural history and extracutaneous involvement of congenital morphea: Multicenter retrospective cohort study and literature review.
- Mansour M, Liy Wong C, Zulian F, Li S, Morishita K, Yeh EA, Stewart K, Laxer RM, Pope E, Pediatr Dermatol 2018 Nov 35 6 761-768
- New Features for Measuring Disease Activity in Pediatric Localized Scleroderma.
- Li SC, Li X, Pope E, Stewart K, Higgins GC, Rabinovich CE, O'Neil KM, Haines KA, Laxer RM, Punaro M, Jacobe H, Andrews T, Wittkowski K, Nyirenda T, Foeldvari I, Torok KS J. Rheumatol. 2018 Sep
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2015) (2017-2018)
- Texas Rising Stars/Super Doctors
Texas Monthly (2017-2018)
- American College of Rheumatology (2008)
- Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) (2008)