Folashade Afolabi, M.D., is a pediatric pulmonologist and Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She received her MD and conducted her Residency and Pulmonology Fellowship at UT Southwestern. She is board certified in Pulmonology by the American Board of Pediatrics. Clinical conditions which Dr. Afolabi treats include chronic cough, chronic lung disease, and cystic fibrosis. She has published widely on children and lung issues, including home ventilator settings for children, probiotic aspiration pneumonia, and on E-cigarettes and vaping. Dr. Afolabi is a member of American Thoracic Society, Texas Medical Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. She grew up in Austin and New Orleans, and received her BSN from Case Western Reserve University.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2008)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Pulmonary Medicine
- Community-based asthma education of general pediatricians
- Cystic Fibrosis hospitalization to home transitional care
- Quality Improvement process in asthma
- School-based asthma care
- Structured Documentation of Home Ventilator Settings in Children: A Quality Improvement Project.
- Joyner MK, Afolabi FC, Payne TL, Hueckel RM J Pediatr Health Care 2016 Jun
- Probiotic-associated aspiration pneumonia due to Lactobacillus rhamnosus.
- Doern CD, Nguyen ST, Afolabi F, Burnham CA J. Clin. Microbiol. 2014 Aug 52 8 3124-6
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2008)
- American Thoracic Society (2013)
- Texas Medical Association (2013)