- Medical School
- American University of Beirut (1998)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2001), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Nephrolithiasis (Kidney Stone Disease)
- Parathyroid Disorders
- Uric Acid Nephrolithiasis
- Postmenopausal hormone use and the risk of nephrolithiasis: Results from the Women’s Health Initiative hormone therapy trials
- Maalouf NM, Sato AH, Welch BJ, Howard BV, Cochrane BB, Sakhaee K, Robbins JA. Archives of Internal Medicine October 2010 170 1678-1685
- Association of urinary pH with body weight in nephrolithiasis
- Maalouf NM, Sakhaee K, Parks JH, Coe FL, Adams-Huet B, Pak CY Kidney Int April 2004 65 1422-1425
- Safety of bisphosphonates.
- Orozco C, Maalouf NM Rheum. Dis. Clin. North Am. 2012 Nov 38 4 681-705
- Hypercalciuria associated with high dietary protein intake is not due to acid load.
- Maalouf NM, Moe OW, Adams-Huet B, Sakhaee K J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2011 Dec 96 12 3733-40
- Metabolic basis for low urine pH in type 2 diabetes.
- Maalouf NM, Cameron MA, Moe OW, Sakhaee K. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology July 2010 5 1277-1281
- Hypocitraturia and hyperoxaluria after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
- Maalouf NM, Tondapu P, Guth ES, Livingston EH, Sakhaee K. Journal of Urology March 2010 183 1026-1030
- The noncalciotropic actions of vitamin D: recent clinical developments
- Maalouf, NM Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens July 2008 17 408-415
- Severely suppressed bone turnover: a potential complication of alendronate therapy.
- Odvina CV, Zerwekh JE, Rao DS, Maalouf N, Gottschalk FA, Pak CY J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2005 Mar 90 3 1294-301
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- The Endocrine Society