- Medical School
- Bangalore Medical College, India (1996)
- Wayne State University (2001), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2002), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Pathology
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2006), Pathology
- Castrate resistant Prostate Cancer
- Activating BRAF mutation in sclerosing mucoepidermoid carcinoma with eosinophilia of the thyroid gland: two case reports and review of the literature.
- Sukumar JS, Sukumar S, Purohit D, Welch BJ, Balani J, Yan S, Hathiramani SS, J Med Case Rep 2019 Dec 13 1 385
- Multi-Institutional Evaluation of Upper Urinary Tract Biopsy Using Backloaded Cup Biopsy Forceps, a Nitinol Basket, and Standard Cup Biopsy Forceps.
- Lama DJ, Safiullah S, Patel RM, Lee TK, Balani JP, Zhang L, Okhunov Z, Margulis V, Savage SJ, Uchio E, Landman J Urology 2018 Apr
- Solid pseudopapillary neoplasm collides with a well-differentiated pancreatic endocrine neoplasm in an adult man: case report and review of histogenesis.
- Yan SX, Adair CF, Balani J, Mansour JC, Gokaslan ST Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2015 Feb 143 2 283-7
- Whole genome SNP arrays as a potential diagnostic tool for the detection of characteristic chromosomal aberrations in renal epithelial tumors.
- Monzon FA, Hagenkord JM, Lyons-Weiler MA, Balani JP, Parwani AV, Sciulli CM, Li J, Chandran UR, Bastacky SI, Dhir R Mod. Pathol. 2008 May 21 5 599-608
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor arising in a testicular teratoma with retroperitoneal metastasis: report of an interesting case with review of literature.
- Mohanty SK, Balani JP, Parwani AV Urology 2007 Oct 70 4 812.e7-10
- Pleomorphic leiomyosarcoma of the adrenal gland: case report and review of the literature.
- Mohanty SK, Balani JP, Parwani AV Urology 2007 Sep 70 3 591.e5-7
- Phosphorylated histone H3, Ki-67, p21, fatty acid synthase, and cleaved caspase-3 expression in benign and atypical granular cell tumors.
- Kapur P, Rakheja D, Balani JP, Roy LC, Amirkhan RH, Hoang MP Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2007 Jan 131 1 57-64
- Pediatric oligodendrogliomas: a study of molecular alterations on 1p and 19q using fluorescence in situ hybridization.
- Raghavan R, Balani J, Perry A, Margraf L, Vono MB, Cai DX, Wyatt RE, Rushing EJ, Bowers DC, Hynan LS, White CL 3rd. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2003 May;62(5) 2003 May 530-7.
- Associate Professor, Pathology (2016)
- Associate Medical Director, Clinical Laboratory Services (2015)
- Director Lab informatics (2012)
- Quality Officer, Department of Pathology (2012)