Dr. Julie Fuller is a graduate of the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine. She completed her general pediatric residency and pediatric rheumatology fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX. While she has a clinical and research interest in juvenile dermatomyositis, she evaluates and treats all pediatric rheumatology conditions including vasculitis, scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile arthritis and recurrent fever syndromes. She has been recognized by D Magazine since 2014. She is a Pediatric Rheumatologist in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and practices at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and Children’s Health Dallas and Plano.
- Medical School
- Texas A & M University College of Medicine (2006)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2012), Pediatric Rheumatology
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- T cell population expanded in lupus blood provides B cell help through interleukin-10 and succinate.
- Caielli S, Veiga DT, Balasubramanian P, Athale S, Domic B, Murat E, Banchereau R, Xu Z, Chandra M, Chung CH, Walters L, Baisch J, Wright T, Punaro M, Nassi L, Stewart K, Fuller J, Ucar D, Ueno H, Zhou J, Banchereau J, Pascual V Nat. Med. 2019 Jan 25 1 75-81
- Orbital Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis Mimicking IgG4-Related Disease in a 12-Year-Old Male.
- Drobysheva A, Fuller J, Pfeifer CM, Rakheja D Int. J. Surg. Pathol. 2018 Jan 1066896917754252
- Morin Stain Detects Aluminum-Containing Macrophages in Macrophagic Myofasciitis and Vaccination Granuloma With High Sensitivity and Specificity.
- Chkheidze R, Burns DK, White CL, Castro D, Fuller J, Cai C J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 2017 04 76 4 323-331
- Executive Function, Survival, and Hospitalization in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. A Longitudinal Analysis of the National Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT).
- Dodd JW, Novotny P, Sciurba FC, Benzo RP Ann Am Thorac Soc 2015 Oct 12 10 1473-81
- Factors to inform clinicians about the end of life in severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Benzo R, Siemion W, Novotny P, Sternberg A, Kaplan RM, Ries A, Wise R, Martinez F, Utz J, Sciurba F J Pain Symptom Manage 2013 Oct 46 4 491-499.e4
- Weight gain after lung reduction surgery is related to improved lung function and ventilatory efficiency.
- Kim V, Kretschman DM, Sternberg AL, DeCamp MM, Criner GJ Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2012 Dec 186 11 1109-16
- Surfactant protein secreted by the maturing mouse fetal lung acts as a hormone that signals the initiation of parturition.
- Condon JC, Jeyasuria P, Faust JM, Mendelson CR Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2004 Apr 101 14 4978-83
- A decline in the levels of progesterone receptor coactivators in the pregnant uterus at term may antagonize progesterone receptor function and contribute to the initiation of parturition.
- Condon JC, Jeyasuria P, Faust JM, Wilson JW, Mendelson CR Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2003 Aug 100 16 9518-23
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2016-2018)
- White Hat Award
The Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2009)
- Texas Rising Stars
Texas Monthly (2016, 2018)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011-2012)
- Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (2010)
- American College of Rheumatology (2009)
- Texas Pediatric Society (2006-2009)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2005)
- Texas Medical Association (2002-2006)