Joshua Wolovits, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
As an attending physician in the Cardiac ICU, Dr. Wolovits is interested in optimizing the safety and efficiency of the care of patients with critical heart disease. To this end, he is involved in a number of projects related to quality improvement including standardized feeding algorithms, ventilator weaning protocols, standardized criteria for ICU discharge and prevention of CLA-BSI. His research efforts are aimed at understanding the effects of these interventions on patient care and hospital stay.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2002)
- Children's Health Dallas (2003), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (2005), Pediatrics
- University of California San Francisco (2008), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Probiotics/Commensal organisms and their effects on immune mediators in the developing gut
- Sedation strategies in the cardiac patient
- Strategies to prevent shunt thrombosis in the single ventricle patient
- Aspirin Resistance in Single-Ventricle Physiology: Aspirin Prophylaxis Is Not Adequate to Inhibit Platelets in the Immediate Postoperative Period.
- Mir A, Frank S, Journeycake J, Wolovitis J, Guleserian K, Heistein L, Lemler M Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2015 Jun 99 6 2158-64
- Feeding and nutritional challenges in infants with single ventricle physiology.
- Wolovits JS, Torzone A Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2012 Jun 24 3 295-300
Lesions with Decreased Pulmonary Blood Flow. In Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Handbook, 1st edition, Jones MB, Klugman D, Fitzgerald RK, Kohr LM, Berger JT, Costello JM, Bronicki R
Wolovits JS, Torzone A (2015). Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Books
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2015-2018)
- Above and Beyond, peer-nominated service award, Children’s Medical Center
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Texas Medical Association