Dr. Rachel Russo is an assistant professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. She earned her medical degree from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and did her internship and residency in psychiatry at UT Southwestern. She works in general outpatient psychiatry at the VA North Texas Health Care System. In addition to her clinical practice, she is active in education and acts as the associate clerkship director for the UT Southwestern Psychiatry clerkship. Her research interests center on effective education of medical students and recruitment of students into psychiatry.
- University of Dallas (2002), Biochemistry
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2006)
- Elements of an Excellent Psychiatry Clerkship Experience: A Survey Study of Graduating Medical Students.
- Russo RA, Griffeth BT, Combs H, Dinsell V, Palka JM, Morreale MK, Borghesani PR, Harper BL, Hilty DM, Fore-Arcand L, Acad Psychiatry 2021 Jan
- Millennials in Psychiatry: Exploring Career Choice Factors in Generation Y Psychiatry Interns.
- Russo RA, Dallaghan GB, Balon R, Blazek MC, Goldenberg MN, Spollen JJ, Rakofsky JJ, Acad Psychiatry 2020 Jul
- Downstream Effects of Grade Policy Changes.
- Russo RA, Schatte D, Trello-Rishel JK, Acad Psychiatry 2019 Sep
- What Competencies are Needed to Run a Course or Clerkship?
- Russo RA, Shankar R, Hilty D, Levine RE, Acad Psychiatry 2019 Feb
- Making Feedback Meaningful: Using Student and Supervisor Feedback.
- Russo RA, Thomas LA, Shah J Acad Psychiatry 2018 Feb
Honors & Awards
- American Psychiatric Association Nancy C.A. Roeske, MD, Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Medical Student Education
- Association for Academic Psychiatry Early Career Development Award
- Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry Devneil Vaidya Junior Faculty Teaching Award
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) Program for Junior Faculty Physicians and Scientists
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Psychiatry Outstanding Contribution to Medical Student Education
- Academic Psychiatry Reviewers Who Completed the Most Reviews
- American Psychiatric Association Fellow
- Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Educational Affairs (2018)
- Association of American Medical Colleges Southern Group on Educational Affairs (2018)
- Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry (2016)
- American Psychiatric Association (2005)
- North Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (2005)
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (2005)