- Medical School
- Postgraduate Institute-Med. Education & Research (1985)
- Graduate School
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education Research (1985)
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center (1995), Pathology
- New York Medical College (1997), Pathology
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (1998), Pathology
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (1999), Pathology
- Biomarkers in breast cancer
- Impact of routine cavity shave margins on breast cancer re-excision rates.
- Kobbermann A, Unzeitig A, Xie XJ, Yan J, Euhus D, Peng Y, Sarode V, Moldrem A, Marilyn Leitch A, Andrews V, Stallings C, Rao R Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2011 May 18 5 1349-55
- Hormone receptor status rather than HER2 status is significantly associated with increased Ki-67 and p53 expression in triple-negative breast carcinomas, and high expression of Ki-67 but not p53 is significantly associated with axillary nodal metastasis in triple-negative and high-grade non-triple-negative breast carcinomas.
- Han JS, Cao D, Molberg KH, Sarode VR, Rao R, Sutton LM, Peng Y Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2011 Feb 135 2 230-7
- A Comparative Analysis of Biomarker Expression and Molecular Subtypes of Pure Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Invasive Breast Carcinoma by Image Analysis: Relationship of the Subtypes with Histologic Grade, Ki67, p53 Overexpression, and DNA Ploidy.
- Sarode VR, Han JS, Morris DH, Peng Y, Rao R Int J Breast Cancer 2011 2011 217060
- Experience with seed localization for nonpalpable breast lesions in a public health care system.
- Rao R, Moldrem A, Sarode V, White J, Amen M, Rao M, Andrews V, Euhus D, Radford L, Ulissey M Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2010 Dec 17 12 3241-6
- Intratumoral expression level of epidermal growth factor receptor and cytokeratin 5/6 is significantly associated with nodal and distant metastases in patients with basal-like triple-negative breast carcinoma.
- Sutton LM, Han JS, Molberg KH, Sarode VR, Cao D, Rakheja D, Sailors J, Peng Y Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2010 Nov 134 5 782-7
- Dedifferentiated epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of the parotid gland with aberrant expression of prostate specific antigen: a case report.
- Sarode VR, Truelson J, Zaidie M Int. J. Surg. Pathol. 2010 Oct 18 5 401-5
- Recurrent phyllodes tumor of the vulva: a case report with review of diagnostic criteria and differential diagnosis.
- Heffernan TP, Sarode VR, Hoffman B, Lea J Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2010 May 29 3 294-7
- Interdigitating dendritic cell sarcoma of the parotid gland: case report and literature review.
- Efune G, Sumer BD, Sarode VR, Wang HY, Myers LL Am J Otolaryngol 2009 Jul-Aug 30 4 264-8
- Primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the thymus: a case report and review of the literature.
- Kapur P, Rakheja D, Bastasch M, Molberg KH, Sarode VR Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2006 Feb 130 2 201-4
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney: report of a case with distinctive features and differential diagnosis.
- Sarode VR, Islam S, Wooten D, Watumull LM, Molberg K, Ashfaq R Acta Cytol. 2004 Nov-Dec 48 6 843-8
Honors & Awards
- The Vernie A. Stembridge Resident Teaching Award
Presented annually in recognition of dedication and commitment to excellence in House StaffTeaching by UTSW Department of Pathology. (2006)
- American Society of Cytopathology (2014-2020)
- USCAP (2008-2020)