- Medical School
- Postgraduate Institute-Med. Education & Research (1985)
- Graduate School
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education Research (1985)
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center (1995), Pathology
- New York Medical College (1997), Pathology
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (1998), Pathology
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (1999), Pathology
- Biomarkers in breast cancer
- Standardization of pathologic evaluation and reporting of postneoadjuvant specimens in clinical trials of breast cancer: recommendations from an international working group.
- Provenzano E, Bossuyt V, Viale G, Cameron D, Badve S, Denkert C, MacGrogan G, Penault-Llorca F, Boughey J, Curigliano G, Dixon JM, Esserman L, Fastner G, Kuehn T, Peintinger F, von Minckwitz G, White J, Yang W, Symmans WF Mod. Pathol. 2015 Jul
- Recommendations for standardized pathological characterization of residual disease for neoadjuvant clinical trials of breast cancer by the BIG-NABCG collaboration.
- Bossuyt V, Provenzano E, Symmans WF, Boughey JC, Coles C, Curigliano G, Dixon JM, Esserman LJ, Fastner G, Kuehn T, Peintinger F, von Minckwitz G, White J, Yang W, Badve S, Denkert C, MacGrogan G, Penault-Llorca F, Viale G, Cameron D Ann. Oncol. 2015 Jul 26 7 1280-91
- Evaluation of HER2/neu Status by Immunohistochemistry Using Computer-Based Image Analysis and Correlation With Gene Amplification by Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization Assay: A 10-Year Experience and Impact of Test Standardization on Concordance Rate.
- Sarode VR, Xiang QD, Christie A, Collins R, Rao R, Leitch AM, Euhus D, Haley B Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2015 Jul 139 7 922-8
- Quantification of Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 Immunohistochemistry Using the Ventana Image Analysis System: Correlation With Gene Amplification by Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization: The Importance of Instrument Validation for Achieving High (>95%) Concordance Rate.
- Dennis J, Parsa R, Chau D, Koduru P, Peng Y, Fang Y, Sarode VR Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2015 Jan
- Tumor-selective use of DNA base excision repair inhibition in pancreatic cancer using the NQO1 bioactivatable drug, ß-lapachone.
- Chakrabarti G, Silvers MA, Ilcheva M, Liu Y, Moore ZR, Luo X, Gao J, Anderson G, Liu L, Sarode V, Gerber DE, Burma S, DeBerardinis RJ, Gerson SL, Boothman DA Sci Rep 2015 5 17066
- Molecular heterogeneity in adjacent cells in triple-negative breast cancer.
- Huebschman ML, Lane NL, Liu H, Sarode VR, Devlin JL, Frenkel EP Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press) 2015 7 231-7
- KIF14 Promotes AKT Phosphorylation and Contributes to Chemoresistance in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer.
- Singel SM, Cornelius C, Zaganjor E, Batten K, Sarode VR, Buckley DL, Peng Y, John GB, Li HC, Sadeghi N, Wright WE, Lum L, Corson TW, Shay JW Neoplasia 2014 Mar 16 3 247-256.e2
- Identification of breast cancer DNA methylation markers optimized for fine-needle aspiration samples.
- Bu D, Lewis CM, Sarode V, Chen M, Ma X, Lazorwitz AM, Rao R, Leitch M, Moldrem A, Andrews V, Gazdar A, Euhus D Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 2013 Dec 22 12 2212-21
- Implementation of routine screening for Lynch syndrome in university and safety-net health system settings: successes and challenges.
- Marquez E, Geng Z, Pass S, Summerour P, Robinson L, Sarode V, Gupta S Genet. Med. 2013 Dec 15 12 925-32
- Ki-67 expression is increased in p16-expressing triple-negative breast carcinoma and correlates with p16 only in p53-negative tumors.
- Sugianto J, Sarode V, Peng Y Hum. Pathol. 2013 Dec
Honors & Awards
- The Vernie A. Stembridge Resident Teaching Award
Presented annually in recognition of dedication and commitment to excellence in House StaffTeaching by UTSW Department of Pathology. (2006)
- American Society of Cytopathology (2014-2020)
- USCAP (2008-2020)