- Medical School
- Weill Cornell Medical College (1994)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1995), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (2000), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Lung Transplantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Treprostinil for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Torres F, Rubin LJ Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 2013 Jan 11 1 13-25
- HLA mismatches influence lung transplant recipient survival, bronchiolitis obliterans and rejection: implications for donor lung allocation.
- Peltz M, Edwards LB, Jessen ME, Torres F, Meyer DM J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2011 Apr 30 4 426-34
- Systematic review of randomised, double-blind clinical trials of oral agents conducted in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Torres F Int. J. Clin. Pract. 2007 Oct 61 10 1756-65
- Endothelian Receptor Antagonists in Pulmonary Hyertension. Business Briefing
- F. Torres US Respiratory Care 2006 77-82
- Routine Computeried Tomography Screening of the Chest in High Risk Cardiac Transplant Recipients May Improve Survival
- Rosenbaum DM, Bhojani RA, Dikmen E, Kaiser PA, Paul MC, Wait MA, Meyer DM, Jessen ME, Yancy CW, Rosenblatt RL, Torres F, Perkins S, Ring WS, and Dimaio JM Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation December 2005 24(12) 2043-7
- Monthly infusion of cytomegalovirus immune globulin (CMVIG) decreases the incidence of bacterial and fungal infections in the first year following lung transplantation.
- Zamora MR, Torres F, Marquesan J, Diercks M, Hodges T J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2001 Feb 20 2 200
- Community acquired respiratory viruses in lung transplant patients: incidence and outcomes.
- Hodges TN, Torres FP, Marqueson J, Diercks M, Zamora MR J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2001 Feb 20 2 169-170
- Sullebarger J.T., Fan T.M., Torres F. and Liang C
- Both Cell Surface and Internalized B-receptors are Reducted in the Failing Myocardium European Journal of Pharmacology 1991 205 165
- Imatinib Mesylate as Add-On Therapy for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Results of the Randomized IMPRES Study.
- Hoeper MM, Barst RJ, Bourge RC, Feldman J, Frost AE, Galié N, Gómez-Sánchez MA, Grimminger F, Grünig E, Hassoun PM, Morrell NW, Peacock AJ, Satoh T, Simonneau G, Tapson VF, Torres F, Lawrence D, Quinn DA, Ghofrani HA Circulation 2013 Feb
- Pharmacokinetics of Oral Treprostinil Sustained Release Tablets During Chronic Administration to Patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
- White RJ, Torres F, Allen R, Jerjes C, Pulido T, Yehle D, Howell M, Laliberte K, Marier J, Tapson VF J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 2013 Jan
Honors & Awards
- Cornell University - 1990
Graduated with distinction in all subjects (1990)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- C.H. Ferguson Scholarship
- Incentive for Excellence
Scholarship Prize from NSF: Physics-1988, Chemistry-1989 (1988)
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Thoracic Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association
- Texas Medical Association