Dr. Mithani is originally from Toronto, Canada, and received her initial medical training at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center in San Antonio (2005). After completing her residency in Internal Medicine (2005-2008) at Loyola University Medical Center, she served as Chief Resident (2008-2009) and then went on to complete her fellowship in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2009-2012).
Mithani brings with her a passion for esophageal dysmotiility while remaining focused on general GI. She also provides a commitment to medical education and is the Associate Program Director of the Gastroenterology fellowship. When Dr. Mithani is not at work, she enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2005)
- Loyola University Medical Center (2009), Internal Medicine
- Loyola University Medical Center (2012), Gastroenterology
- Colorectal Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Esophageal Dysphagia and Dysmotility
- Medical Education
- Predictors of guideline concordance for surveillance colonoscopy recommendations in patients at a safety-net health system.
- Kahn B, Freeland Z, Gopal P, Agrawal D, Mayorga CA, Mithani R, Skinner CS, Halm EA, Singal AG Cancer Causes Control 2015 Sep
- Granulomatous hepatitis, choroiditis and aortoduodenal fistula complicating intravesical Bacillus Calmette-Guérin therapy: Case report.
- Gao CQ, Mithani R, Leya J, Dawravoo L, Bhatia A, Antoine J, De Alba F, Russo PA, Fimmel CJ BMC Infect. Dis. 2011 11 260
- The Mirizzi syndrome: multidisciplinary management promotes optimal outcomes.
- Mithani R, Schwesinger WH, Bingener J, Sirinek KR, Gross GW J. Gastrointest. Surg. 2008 Jun 12 6 1022-8
- Texas Medical Association (2013)
- AGA Academy of Educators (2012)
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2012)
- American College of Gastroenterology (2009)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2009)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2009)