Dr. Philip Wilson provides orthopaedic trauma and pediatric sports medicine coverage at Children’s Medical Center Dallas along with Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children orthopaedic medical staff. Dr. Wilson graduated from Baylor University in Waco, Texas, and received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He completed his internship in general surgery and residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Wilson also completed fellowships in pediatric orthopaedic at Children’s Hospital of San Diego, and arthroscopy/sports medicine ADIDAS Sports Medicine Clinics in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1995)
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (1996), General Surgery
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (2000), Orthopaedic Surgery
- San Diego Children's Hospital (2001), Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Unisports Sports Medicine Orthopedic (2002), Sports Medicine
- ACL Reconstruction in the Skeletally Immature
- Pediatric Fracture Care
- Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Early versus delayed stabilization of pediatric femur fractures: analysis of 387 patients.
- Hedequist D, Starr AJ, Wilson P, Walker J J Orthop Trauma 1999 Sep-Oct 13 7 490-3
- Meniscal and chondral injuries associated with pediatric anterior cruciate ligament tears: relationship of treatment time and patient-specific factors.
- Dumont GD, Hogue GD, Padalecki JR, Okoro N, Wilson PL Am J Sports Med 2012 Sep 40 9 2128-33
- A comparison of locked versus nonlocked Enders rods for length unstable pediatric femoral shaft fractures.
- Ellis HB, Ho CA, Podeszwa DA, Wilson PL J Pediatr Orthop 2011 Dec 31 8 825-33
- A comparison of fracture reductions performed by physician extenders and orthopaedic residents in the acute pediatric orthopaedic practice.
- Ho CA, Wilson PL J Orthop Trauma 2010 Apr 24 4 244-9
- Comparison of bioabsorbable versus metallic implant fixation for physeal and epiphyseal fractures of the distal tibia.
- Podeszwa DA, Wilson PL, Holland AR, Copley LA J Pediatr Orthop 2008 Dec 28 8 859-63
- Tachdjian’s Pediatric Orthopaedics, 4th Ed.
- Contributing Author Ed. J.A.Herring. Saunders, Philadelphia 2008
- Orthopaedic Injury Following Trauma and Sports
- Contributing Author Rudolph’s Textbook of Pediatrics; pending edition 2008
- Deep venous thrombosis associated with osteomyelitis in children.
- Hollmig ST, Copley LA, Browne RH, Grande LM, Wilson PL J Bone Joint Surg Am 2007 Jul 89 7 1517-23
- A multicenter study analyzing the relationship of a standardized radiographic scoring system of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and the Scoliosis Research Society outcomes instrument.
- Wilson PL, Newton PO, Wenger DR, Haher T, Merola A, Lenke L, Lowe T, Clements D, Betz R Spine 2002 Sep 27 18 2036-40
Tachdjian's Pediatric Orthopaedics, Fourth edition.
JA Herring (Ed.) (2008). Philadelphia, Saunders
Orthopaedic Injury Following Trauma and Sports. In Rudolph's Textbook of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopaedic Association