Philip Wilson, M.D., Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center provides orthopaedic trauma and pediatric sports medicine coverage at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas along with the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children orthopaedic medical staff where he serves as assistant chief of staff and medical director.
Dr. Wilson graduated from Baylor University in Waco, Texas, and earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He then completed his internship in general surgery and residency in orthopaedic surgery at UT Southwestern. Dr. Wilson also completed fellowships in pediatric orthopaedic at Children’s Hospital of San Diego, and arthroscopy/sports medicine ADIDAS Sports Medicine Clinics in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1995)
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (1996), General Surgery
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (2000), Orthopaedic Surgery
- San Diego Children's Hospital (2001), Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Unisports Sports Medicine Orthopedic (2002), Sports Medicine
- ACL Reconstruction in the Skeletally Immature
- Pediatric Fracture Care
- Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Early versus delayed stabilization of pediatric femur fractures: analysis of 387 patients.
- Hedequist D, Starr AJ, Wilson P, Walker J J Orthop Trauma 1999 Sep-Oct 13 7 490-3
- Age, Sex, and BMI Differences Related to Repairable Meniscal Tears in Pediatric and Adolescent Patients.
- Rohde MS, Shea KG, Dawson T, Heyworth BE, Milewski MD, Edmonds EW, Adsit E, Wilson PL, Albright J, Algan S, Beck J, Bowen R, Brey J, Cardelia M, Clark C, Crepeau A, Edmonds EW, Ellington M, Ellis HB, Fabricant P, Frank J, Ganley T, Green D, Gupta A, Heyworth BE, Latz K, Mansour A, Mayer S, McKay S, Milewski M, Niu E, Pacicca D, Parikh S, Rhodes J, Saper M, Schmale G, Schmitz M, Shea K, Storer S, Wilson PL, Ellis HB, Am J Sports Med 2023 Jan 3635465221145939
- An Activity Scale for All Youth Athletes? Clinical Considerations for the HSS Pedi-FABS.
- Carpenter CM, Cooper SB, Wilson PL, Miller SM, Wyatt CW, Johnson BL, Shea KG, Ellis HB, Orthop J Sports Med 2022 Dec 10 12 23259671221143534
- Reliability of Radiographic Imaging Characteristics for Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Capitellum.
- Nissen C, Bohn DC, Crepeau A, Edmonds E, Ganley T, Kostyun R, Lawrence JTR, Pace JL, Saluan P, Uquillas C, Wall E, Wilson PL, Bae DS, Am J Sports Med 2022 Dec 50 14 3948-3955
- Two-Year Functional Outcomes of Operative vs Nonoperative Treatment of Completely Displaced Midshaft Clavicle Fractures in Adolescents: Results From the Prospective Multicenter FACTS Study Group.
- Heyworth BE, Pennock AT, Li Y, Liotta ES, Dragonetti B, Williams D, Ellis HB, Nepple JJ, Spence D, Willimon SC, Perkins CA, Pandya NK, Kocher MS, Edmonds EW, Wilson PL, Busch MT, Sabatini CS, Farley F, Bae DS, Am J Sports Med 2022 Sep 50 11 3045-3055
- Quantifying the Relationship Between the Medial Quadriceps Tendon-Femoral Ligament and Patellar Borders: A Pediatric Cadaveric Study.
- Baskar D, Stavinoha TJ, Sanchez M, Gupta A, Randhawa SD, Rohde MS, Vuong B, Tompkins MA, Ganley TJ, Ellis HB, Wilson PL, Fabricant PD, VandenBerg C, Green DW, Segovia NA, Shea KG, Am J Sports Med 2022 Jun 3635465221103250
- Epidemiology of Pediatric Gymnastics Injuries Reported in US Emergency Departments: Sex- and Age-Based Injury Patterns.
- Tisano B, Zynda AJ, Ellis HB, Wilson PL, Orthop J Sports Med 2022 Jun 10 6 23259671221102478
- Youth athletes sleep more, practice less, and may lose interest in playing sports due to social distancing mandates.
- Ellis HB, Ulman SM, John Wagner K, Carpenter CM, Gale EB, Shea KG, Wilson PL, Prev Med Rep 2022 Apr 26 101722
- Reliability of a New Arthroscopic Discoid Lateral Meniscus Classification System: A Multicenter Video Analysis.
- Lee RJ, Nepple JJ, Schmale GA, Niu EL, Beck JJ, Milewski MD, Finlayson CJ, Joughin VE, Stinson ZS, Pace JL, Albright J, Carsen S, Chambers H, Nault ML, Schlechter JA, Stavinoha TJ, Tompkins M, Wilson PL, Heyworth BE, Am J Sports Med 2022 Mar 3635465221076857
- Osteochondral Allograft for Unsalvageable Osteochondritis Dissecans in the Skeletally Immature Knee.
- Tisano B, Ellis HB, Wyatt C, Wilson PL, Orthop J Sports Med 2022 Feb 10 2 23259671211072515
Tachdjian's Pediatric Orthopaedics, Fourth edition.
JA Herring (Ed.) (2008). Philadelphia, Saunders
Orthopaedic Injury Following Trauma and Sports. In Rudolph's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Research in Sports Medicine (2015)
- Youth Sports Safety Alliance (2015)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (2009)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopaedic Association