Suzanne Cole, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Suzanne Cole, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Hematology-Oncology. She serves as the Medical Director of the University Hospital Simmons Cancer Clinic at the UT Southwestern Medical Center at Richardson/Plano. She is also Medical Director of the Community Oncology Program at Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center and Research Leader for the Community Oncology Program.
Originally from Bismark, N.D., Dr. Cole earned undergraduate degrees in biology and modern dance at UT Dallas. She received her medical degree from UT Southwestern, where she also completed her residency in internal medicine. She then completed advanced training through a fellowship in hematology and medical oncology at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Board-certified in hematology and oncology, Dr. Cole spent eight years in community practice, serving patients in rural West Virginia and Oklahoma, where she was involved in cancer research through the National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program. She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
Dr. Cole is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. She is active in several cancer-related professional organizations, including the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology. She previously served on the board of the Oklahoma Society of Clinical Oncology. She is the founder of the Hematology & Oncology Women Physician Group.
Dr. Cole has delivered presentations throughout the nation and published articles in peer-reviewed journals covering topics related to cancer and blood-related disorders.
She was named by D Magazine as one of Dallas’s Best Doctors in oncology-hematology in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2003)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2006), Internal Medicine
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (2010), Hematology Oncology
- Conduct of Clinical Trials in Community Oncology Setting
- Genitourinary Cancer: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Prostate Cancer
- Integration of Early Palliative Care into Standard Oncology Practice
- The future of perioperative therapy in advanced renal cell carcinoma: how can we PROSPER?
- Patel HD, Puligandla M, Shuch BM, Leibovich BC, Kapoor A, Master VA, Drake CG, Heng DY, Lara PN, Choueiri TK, Maskens D, Singer EA, Eggener SE, Svatek RS, Stadler WM, Cole S, Signoretti S, Gupta RT, Michaelson MD, McDermott DF, Cella D, Wagner LI, Haas NB, Carducci MA, Harshman LC, Allaf ME, Future Oncol 2019 May 15 15 1683-1695
- Managing Immuno-Oncology Toxicity: Top 10 Innovative Institutional Solutions.
- Cole S, Zibelman M, Bertino E, Yucebay F, Reynolds K, Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book 2019 Jan 39 96-104
- Impact of Closed Facebook Group Participation on Female Hematology/Oncology Physicians.
- Graff SL, Close J, Cole S, Matt-Amaral L, Beg R, Markham MJ, J Oncol Pract 2018 12 14 12 e758-e769
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for relapsed multiple myeloma.
- Efebera YA, Qureshi SR, Cole SM, Saliba R, Pelosini M, Patel RM, Koca E, Mendoza FL, Wang M, Shah J, Alousi A, Hosing C, Popat U, Kebriaei P, Anderlini P, Khouri IF, Champlin R, Giralt S, Qazilbash MH Biol. Blood Marrow Transplant. 2010 Aug 16 8 1122-9
- Successful completion of pregnancy in a patient with chronic myeloid leukemia without active intervention: a case report and review of the literature.
- Cole S, Kantarjian H, Ault P, Cortés JE, Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 2009 Aug 9 4 324-7
- An integrated (2)H and (13)C NMR study of gluconeogenesis and TCA cycle flux in humans.
- Jones JG, Solomon MA, Cole SM, Sherry AD, Malloy CR Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 2001 Oct 281 4 E848-56
Honors & Awards
- Silver Physician Award for Outstanding Clinical Trial Accrual
National Cancer Institute Commnity Oncology Research Program (2018)
- Congressional Commendation for Medical Relief to Alexandria, LA during Hurricane Harvey
Congressman Ralph Abraham, Louisiana 5th Congressional District, U.S. House of Representatives (2017)
- J. W. Norwood Distinguished Alumni Award
Burleson High Shcool Alumni Association (2017)
- Top Doctor, Medical Oncology
Oklahoma Magazine (2017-2018)
- Outstanding Clinical Medicine Resident Teaching Award
UT Southwestern (2004-2005)
- ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (2018)
- SWOG Cancer Research Group (2017)
- American College of Physicians (2015)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2007)
- American Society of Hematology (2007)
- American College of Physicians (2006-2014)