Dr. Nassi is pediatric rheumatologist with board certification in both Pediatrics and Pediatric Rheumatology who is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at University of Texas Southwestern, where she has served on the faculty for 10 years. She treats children with rheumatic disease at Scottish Rite for Children as well as Children’s Medical Center Dallas. She received her undergraduate degree at Stanford University, and then completed her medical school, residency and fellowship training at the University of Texas Southwestern. Dr. Nassi has been an active member of research collaborations in the field of translation science, as well as an active participant in CARRA. During her summers, Dr. Nassi enjoys serving as medical director for “Camp Joint Adventure,” Scottish Rite for Children's camp for children with rheumatic disease. In her spare time, she has also been actively engaged with the Arthritis Foundation and their efforts with Juvenile Arthritis.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2003)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatric Rheumatology
- Projects with CARRA (Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance) and translational research
- Erythroid mitochondrial retention triggers myeloid-dependent type I interferon in human SLE.
- Caielli S, Cardenas J, de Jesus AA, Baisch J, Walters L, Blanck JP, Balasubramanian P, Stagnar C, Ohouo M, Hong S, Nassi L, Stewart K, Fuller J, Gu J, Banchereau JF, Wright T, Goldbach-Mansky R, Pascual V, Cell 2021 Aug 184 17 4464-4479.e19
- Novel homozygous variant in WISP3 in a family with unrecognized progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia.
- Patel C, Khanshour AM, Wilkes D, Rios JJ, Sheff KW, Nassi L, Wise CA, Clin Case Rep 2020 Aug 8 8 1452-1457
- T cell population expanded in lupus blood provides B cell help through interleukin-10 and succinate.
- Caielli S, Veiga DT, Balasubramanian P, Athale S, Domic B, Murat E, Banchereau R, Xu Z, Chandra M, Chung CH, Walters L, Baisch J, Wright T, Punaro M, Nassi L, Stewart K, Fuller J, Ucar D, Ueno H, Zhou J, Banchereau J, Pascual V Nat. Med. 2019 Jan 25 1 75-81
- Comparing presenting clinical features of 48 children with microscopic polyangiitis (MPA) against 183 having granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA). An ARChiVe study.
- Cabral DA, Canter DL, Muscal E, Nanda K, Wahezi DM, Spalding SJ, Twilt M, Benseler SM, Campillo S, Charuvanij S, Dancey P, Eberhard BA, Elder ME, Hersh A, Higgins G, Huber AM, Khubchandani R, Kim S, Klein-Gitelman M, Kostik M, Lawson E, Lee T, Lubieniecka JM, McCurdy D, Moorthy LN, Morishita KA, Nielsen SM, O'Neil KM, Reiff A, Ristic G, Robinson AB, Sarmiento A, Shenoi S, Toth MB, Van Mater H, Wagner-Weiner L, Weiss JE, White AJ, Yeung RS Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.) 2016 Apr
- Personalized Immunomonitoring Uncovers Molecular Networks that Stratify Lupus Patients.
- Banchereau R, Hong S, Cantarel B, Baldwin N, Baisch J, Edens M, Cepika AM, Acs P, Turner J, Anguiano E, Vinod P, Kahn S, Obermoser G, Blankenship D, Wakeland E, Nassi L, Gotte A, Punaro M, Liu YJ, Banchereau J, Rossello-Urgell J, Wright T, Pascual V Cell 2016 Mar
- IFN Priming Is Necessary but Not Sufficient To Turn on a Migratory Dendritic Cell Program in Lupus Monocytes.
- Rodriguez-Pla A, Patel P, Maecker HT, Rossello-Urgell J, Baldwin N, Bennett L, Cantrell V, Baisch J, Punaro M, Gotte A, Nassi L, Wright T, Palucka AK, Banchereau J, Pascual V J. Immunol. 2014 May
- Do adult disease severity subclassifications predict use of cyclophosphamide in children with ANCA-associated vasculitis? An analysis of ARChiVe study treatment decisions.
- Morishita K, Guzman J, Chira P, Muscal E, Zeft A, Klein-Gitelman M, Uribe AG, Abramson L, Benseler SM, Eberhard A, Ede K, Hashkes PJ, Hersh AO, Higgins G, Imundo LF, Jung L, Kim S, Kingsbury DJ, Lawson EF, Lee T, Li SC, Lovell DJ, Mason T, McCurdy D, O'Neil KM, Punaro M, Ramsey SE, Reiff A, Rosenkranz M, Schikler KN, Scuccimarri R, Singer NG, Stevens AM, van Mater H, Wahezi DM, White AJ, Cabral DA J. Rheumatol. 2012 Oct 39 10 2012-20
- Increased sensitivity of the European medicines agency algorithm for classification of childhood granulomatosis with polyangiitis.
- Uribe AG, Huber AM, Kim S, O'Neil KM, Wahezi DM, Abramson L, Baszis K, Benseler SM, Bowyer SL, Campillo S, Chira P, Hersh AO, Higgins GC, Eberhard A, Ede K, Imundo LF, Jung L, Kingsbury DJ, Klein-Gitelman M, Lawson EF, Li SC, Lovell DJ, Mason T, McCurdy D, Muscal E, Nassi L, Rabinovich E, Reiff A, Rosenkranz M, Schikler KN, Singer NG, Spalding S, Stevens AM, Cabral DA J. Rheumatol. 2012 Aug 39 8 1687-97
- Assessing the performance of the Birmingham Vasculitis Activity Score at diagnosis for children with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis in A Registry for Childhood Vasculitis (ARChiVe).
- Morishita K, Li SC, Muscal E, Spalding S, Guzman J, Uribe A, Abramson L, Baszis K, Benseler S, Bowyer S, Campillo S, Chira P, Hersh AO, Higgins G, Eberhard A, Ede K, Imundo L, Jung L, Kim S, Kingsbury DJ, Klein-Gitelman M, Lawson EF, Lovell DJ, Mason T, McCurdy D, Nanda K, Nassi L, O'Neil KM, Rabinovich E, Ramsey SE, Reiff A, Rosenkranz M, Schikler K, Stevens A, Wahezi D, Cabral DA J. Rheumatol. 2012 May 39 5 1088-94
- Classification, presentation, and initial treatment of Wegener's granulomatosis in childhood.
- Cabral DA, Uribe AG, Benseler S, O'Neil KM, Hashkes PJ, Higgins G, Zeft AS, Lovell DJ, Kingsbury DJ, Stevens A, McCurdy D, Chira P, Abramson L, Arkachaisri T, Campillo S, Eberhard A, Hersh AO, Huber AM, Kim S, Klein-Gitelman M, Levy DM, Li SC, Mason T, Dewitt EM, Muscal E, Nassi L, Reiff A, Schikler K, Singer NG, Wahezi D, Woodward A Arthritis Rheum. 2009 Nov 60 11 3413-24
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2018)
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholarship for Academic Achievement
- American College of Rheumatology, Member
- Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance, Trainee Member