Yesenia Gonzalez, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, earned both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Texas A&M University, followed by her Ph.D. at UT Southwestern Medical Center. After completing her medical physics residency in the Department of Radiation Oncology at UT Southwestern, she stayed on as faculty in the Division of Medical Physics and Engineering.
Dr. Gonzalez's clinical focus is on Unity, EROC TPOD, and brachytherapy; her research interests include adaptive radiotherapy and deep learning for medical applications.
- Adaptive radiotherapy
- Deep learning for medical applications
- Modeling physician's preference in treatment plan approval of stereotactic body radiation therapy of prostate cancer.
- Gao Y, Shen C, Gonzalez Y, Jia X, Phys Med Biol 2022 May 67 11
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (2017)
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (2020)