Jeff Schaffert is currently a clinical neuropsychologist who serves as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center, where he also completed his doctoral and residency training. Clinically, he sees outpatients in the UTSW neuropsychology clinic and inpatient at the University Hospital. He has published several papers on the risk factors of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, but his primary research interest continues to be the impact of head-injury exposure and later-in-life cognitive decline.
- Other Post Graduate Training
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (Ph.D.) (2020), Psychology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2022), Neuropsychology
- No association between age beginning tackle football, or years played and neurocognitive performance later-in-life among older National Football League retirees.
- Schaffert J, Didehbani N, LoBue C, Hart J, Wilmoth K, Cullum CM, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2022 Dec
- Neurocognitive outcomes of older National Football League retirees.
- Schaffert J, Didehbani N, LoBue C, Hart J, Motes M, Rossetti H, Wilmoth K, Goette W, Lacritz L, Cullum CM, Brain Inj 2022 Nov 1-8
- Predictors of Life Expectancy in Autopsy-Confirmed Alzheimer's Disease.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, Hynan LS, Hart J, Rossetti H, Carlew AR, Lacritz L, White CL, Cullum CM, J Alzheimers Dis 2022 86 1 271-281
- Frequency and Predictors of Traumatic Encephalopathy Syndrome in a Prospective Cohort of Retired Professional Athletes.
- Schaffert J, Didehbani N, LoBue C, Hart J, Rossetti H, Lacritz L, Cullum CM, Front Neurol 2021 12 617526
- Risk factors for earlier dementia onset in autopsy-confirmed Alzheimer's disease, mixed Alzheimer's with Lewy bodies, and pure Lewy body disease.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, White CL, Wilmoth K, Didehbani N, Lacritz L, Nguyen T, Peters ME, Fields L, Li C, Cullum CM, Alzheimers Dement 2020 Feb
- Neuropsychological functioning in ageing retired NFL players: a critical review.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, Fields L, Wilmoth K, Didehbani N, Hart J, Cullum CM, Int Rev Psychiatry 2019 Oct 1-18
- Traumatic brain injury history is associated with an earlier age of dementia onset in autopsy-confirmed Alzheimer's disease.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, White CL, Chiang HS, Didehbani N, Lacritz L, Rossetti H, Dieppa M, Hart J, Cullum CM, Neuropsychology 2018 May 32 4 410-416
- The Spectrum of Alzheimer-Type Pathology in Cognitively Normal Individuals.
- Walker JM, Dehkordi SK, Schaffert J, Goette W, White Iii CL, Richardson TE, Zare H, J Alzheimers Dis 2023 91 2 683-695
- A Critical Review of Neuropsychological Actuarial Criteria for Mild Cognitive Impairment.
- Carlew AR, Kaser A, Schaffert J, Goette W, Lacritz L, Rossetti H, J Alzheimers Dis 2023 91 1 169-182
- Psychometric Properties of Computerized Cognitive Tools and Standard Neuropsychological Tests Used to Assess Sport Concussion: A Systematic Review.
- Wilmoth K, Brett BL, Emmert NA, Cook CM, Schaffert J, Caze T, Kotsonis T, Cusick M, Solomon G, Resch JE, Cullum CM, Nelson LD, McCrea M, Neuropsychol Rev 2022 Aug
- Dallas-Fort Worth Neuropsychological Association (2022)
- International Neuropsychological Society (2016)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology (2016)
- Sports Neuropsychology Society (2019)