Tran T. Nguyen, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Hospital Medicine. She serves as a hospitalist at Parkland Health & Hospital System.
Originally from Vietnam, Dr. Nguyen holds a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Houston, where she graduated summa cum laude. She then earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern, where she also completed internal medicine residency training.
Dr. Nguyen joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
Dr. Nguyen's research and clinical interests include medical education, point-of-care ultrasound, and quality improvement. She has published several peer-reviewed articles related to findings.
Dr. Nguyen is a member of the Texas Medical Society and the American College of Physicians.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Nguyen enjoys spending time with family, cooking, origami, and watercolor painting.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2019)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2022), Internal Medicine
- Near-complete vision recovery from bilateral serous retinal detachment associated with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Nguyen T, Radhakrishnan SM, Radhakrishnan SJ, Johnson DH, BMJ Case Rep 2022 Feb 15 2
- Progressive Scale-up of HBV AND HCV Testing for Hepatitis Elimination in Vietnam.
- Nguyen T, Pham T, Phan L, Mize G, Trang A, Dao D, Le A, Gish R, Lee WM, Do D, Tang HK, Phan HT, Nguyen BT, Dao DY, Clin Liver Dis (Hoboken) 2021 Dec 18 6 261-265
- Unmet needs in occupational health: prevention and management of viral hepatitis in healthcare workers in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: a mixed-methods study.
- Nguyen T, Pham T, Tang HK, Phan L, Mize G, Lee WM, Gish R, Trang A, Le A, Phan HT, Nguyen BT, Dao DY, BMJ Open 2021 10 11 10 e052668
- American College of Physicians (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2015)