Tran T. Nguyen, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of Hospital Medicine. She provides medical services at Parkland Health & Hospital System.
Originally from Vietnam, Dr. Nguyen holds a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Houston, where she graduated summa cum laude. She then earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern, where she also completed residency training in internal medicine.
She joined the UT Southwestern Division of Hospital Medicine faculty in 2022.
She has an interest in medical education, point-of-care ultrasound, and quality improvement, and she has published several peer-reviewed articles related to her areas of clinical interest.
Dr. Nguyen is also an active member of the Texas Medical Society.
During her free time, Dr. Nguyen enjoys spending time with family, cooking, origami, and watercolor painting.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2019)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2022), Internal Medicine
- Near-complete vision recovery from bilateral serous retinal detachment associated with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Nguyen T, Radhakrishnan SM, Radhakrishnan SJ, Johnson DH, BMJ Case Rep 2022 Feb 15 2
- Progressive Scale-up of HBV AND HCV Testing for Hepatitis Elimination in Vietnam.
- Nguyen T, Pham T, Phan L, Mize G, Trang A, Dao D, Le A, Gish R, Lee WM, Do D, Tang HK, Phan HT, Nguyen BT, Dao DY, Clin Liver Dis (Hoboken) 2021 Dec 18 6 261-265
- Unmet needs in occupational health: prevention and management of viral hepatitis in healthcare workers in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: a mixed-methods study.
- Nguyen T, Pham T, Tang HK, Phan L, Mize G, Lee WM, Gish R, Trang A, Le A, Phan HT, Nguyen BT, Dao DY, BMJ Open 2021 10 11 10 e052668
- Texas Medical Association