- Medical School
- Emory University School of Medicine (1996)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1999), Internal Medicine
- Minority Access to Care
- Palliative Care
- Illness perceptions matter: understanding quality of life and advanced illness behaviors in female patients with late-stage cancer.
- Croom AR, Hamann HA, Kehoe SM, Paulk E, Wiebe DJ J Support Oncol 2013 Dec 11 4 165-73
- Predictors of intensive end-of-life and hospice care in Latino and white advanced cancer patients.
- Loggers ET, Maciejewski PK, Jimenez R, Nilsson M, Paulk E, Stieglitz H, Prigerson HG, J Palliat Med 2013 Oct 16 10 1249-54
- Gender differences in the evolution of illness understanding among patients with advanced cancer.
- Fletcher K, Prigerson HG, Paulk E, Temel J, Finlay E, Marr L, McCorkle R, Rivera L, Munoz F, Maciejewski PK, J Support Oncol 2013 Sep 11 3 126-32
- Provision of Spiritual Support to Patients With Advanced Cancer by Religious Communities and Associations With Medical Care at the End of Life.
- Balboni TA, Balboni M, Enzinger AC, Gallivan K, Paulk ME, Wright A, Steinhauser K, Vanderweele TJ, Prigerson HG JAMA Intern Med 2013 May 1-9
- Clinical Trial Participation among Ethnic/Racial Minority and Majority Patients with Advanced Cancer: What Factors Most Influence Enrollment?
- Jimenez R, Zhang B, Joffe S, Nilsson M, Rivera L, Mutchler J, Lathan C, Paulk ME, Prigerson HG J Palliat Med 2013 Mar 16 3 256-62
- United States Acculturation and Cancer Patients' End-of-Life Care.
- Wright AA, Stieglitz H, Kupersztoch YM, Paulk ME, Kim Y, Katz IT, Munoz F, Jimenez RB, Mutchler J, Rivera L, Back AL, Prigerson HG PLoS ONE 2013 8 3 e58663
- An Examination of End-of-Life Care in a Safety Net Hospital System: A Decade in Review.
- Rhodes RL, Xuan L, Paulk ME, Stieglitz H, Halm EA J Health Care Poor Underserved 2013 24 4 1666-75
- Support of cancer patients' spiritual needs and associations with medical care costs at the end of life.
- Balboni T, Balboni M, Paulk ME, Phelps A, Wright A, Peteet J, Block S, Lathan C, Vanderweele T, Prigerson H Cancer 2011 May
- Racial disparities in the outcomes of communication on medical care received near death.
- Mack JW, Paulk ME, Viswanath K, Prigerson HG Arch. Intern. Med. 2010 Sep 170 17 1533-40
- Provision of spiritual care to patients with advanced cancer: associations with medical care and quality of life near death.
- Balboni TA, Paulk ME, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Loggers ET, Wright AA, Block SD, Lewis EF, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG J. Clin. Oncol. 2010 Jan 28 3 445-52
Honors & Awards
- Member, Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Member, Southwestern Academy of Teachers (SWAT)
- President's Award for Diversity and Humanism in Clinical Care
- Distinguished Professorship in Palliative Care
Supported by Leland and Eunice Carter and from Charles Hudson recognizing Dr. Steven Leach (2017)
- Champion of End-of-Life Care
Award honoring Texans making an outstanding contribution to improving the quality of end-of-life care (2005)
- Soros Foundation Project on Death in America Faculty Scholar
2 year award to support research in end-of-life care (2000)
- Fellow, American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2019)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (2006)
- Member, American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (1999)
- Member, American College of Physicians (1999)