- Medical School
- Emory University School of Medicine (1996)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1999), Internal Medicine
- Minority Access to Care
- Palliative Care
- Trauma Surgeon and Palliative Care Physician Attitudes Regarding Goals-of-Care Delineation for Injured Geriatric Patients.
- Cunningham HB, Scielzo SA, Nakonezny PA, Bruns BR, Brasel KJ, Inaba K, Brakenridge SC, Kerby JD, Joseph BA, Mohler MJ, Cuschieri J, Paulk ME, Ekeh AP, Madni TD, Taveras LR, Imran JB, Wolf SE, Phelan HA Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2019 Jan 1049909118823182
- Validation of a Geriatric Trauma Prognosis Calculator: A P.A.L.Li.A.T.E. Consortium Study.
- Cook AC, Joseph B, Mohler MJ, Inaba K, Bruns BR, Nakonezny PA, Kerby JD, Brasel KJ, Wolf SE, Cuschieri J, Paulk ME, Rhodes RL, Brakenridge SC, Ekeh AP, Phelan HA J Am Geriatr Soc 2017 Aug
- A comparison of prognosis calculators for geriatric trauma: A P.A.L.LI.A.T.E. consortium study.
- Madni TD, Ekeh AP, Brakenridge SC, Brasel KJ, Joseph B, Inaba K, Bruns BR, Kerby JD, Cuschieri J, Mohler MJ, Nakonezny PA, Clark A, Imran J, Wolf SE, Paulk ME, Rhodes RL, Phelan HA J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2017 Apr
- Understanding the Role of Religion in Medical Decision Making.
- Paulk ME J Oncol Pract 2017 Mar JOP2016020693
- Creation of a decision aid for goal-setting after geriatric burns: A study from the prognostic assessment of life and limitations after trauma in the elderly [PALLIATE] consortium.
- Hodgman E, Joseph B, Mohler J, Wolf SE, Paulk ME, Rhodes RL, Nakonezny PA, Phelan HA J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2016 Feb
- Multicenter External Validation of the Geriatric Trauma Outcome Score: A Study by the Prognostic Assessment of Life and Limitations After Trauma in the Elderly [PALLIATE] Consortium.
- Cook AC, Joseph B, Inaba K, Nakonezny PA, Bruns BR, Kerby JD, Brasel KJ, Wolf SE, Cuschieri J, Paulk ME, Rhodes RL, Brakenridge SC, Phelan HA J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015 Nov
- Chemotherapy Use, Performance Status, and Quality of Life at the End of Life.
- Prigerson HG, Bao Y, Shah MA, Paulk ME, LeBlanc TW, Schneider BJ, Garrido MM, Reid MC, Berlin DA, Adelson KB, Neugut AI, Maciejewski PK JAMA Oncol 2015 Jul
- Estimating Geriatric Mortality after Injury Using Age, Injury Severity, and Performance of a Transfusion: The Geriatric Trauma Outcome Score.
- Zhao FZ, Wolf SE, Nakonezny PA, Minhajuddin A, Rhodes RL, Paulk ME, Phelan HA J Palliat Med 2015 May
- Injury Severity and Comorbidities Alone Do Not Predict Futility of Care after Geriatric Trauma.
- Duvall DB, Zhu X, Elliott AC, Wolf SE, Rhodes RL, Paulk ME, Phelan HA J Palliat Med 2014 Dec
- Communication About Advance Directives and End-of-Life Care Options Among Internal Medicine Residents.
- Rhodes RL, Tindall K, Xuan L, Paulk ME, Halm EA Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2014 Jan
Honors & Awards
- Member, Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Member, Southwestern Academy of Teachers (SWAT)
- President's Award for Diversity and Humanism in Clinical Care
- Distinguished Professorship in Palliative Care
Supported by Leland and Eunice Carter and from Charles Hudson recognizing Dr. Steven Leach (2017)
- Champion of End-of-Life Care
Award honoring Texans making an outstanding contribution to improving the quality of end-of-life care (2005)
- Soros Foundation Project on Death in America Faculty Scholar
2 year award to support research in end-of-life care (2000)
- Fellow, American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2019)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (2006)
- Member, American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (1999)
- Member, American College of Physicians (1999)