Young-Jai You received her Ph.D. degree from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas in 2004. She worked as a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Molecular Biology and as an Instructor in the Department of Pharmacology at UTSW until 2010, when she was recruited to a faculty in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Virginia Commonwealth University. In 2015, she was recruited to Nagoya University in Japan as a member of Neuroscience Institute. In 2018, she was promoted to a Professor in G30 (Global 30) program in Nagoya University to teach and train international students in addition to her own research. In 2020, she returned to the US and joined the Center for Hypothalamic Research.
- Metabolic Regulation of Behavioral States
- Metabolic Regulation of Reproduction
- Neural Mechanisms of Starvation
- Satiety behavior is regulated by ASI/ASH reciprocal antagonism.
- Davis KC, Choi YI, Kim J, You YJ Sci Rep 2018 May 8 1 6918
- Fat Metabolism Regulates Satiety Behavior in C. elegans.
- Hyun M, Davis K, Lee I, Kim J, Dumur C, You YJ Sci Rep 2016 6 24841
- An opioid-like system regulating feeding behavior in C. elegans.
- Cheong MC, Artyukhin AB, You YJ, Avery L Elife 2015 Apr 4
- The Nuclear Receptor DAF-12 Regulates Nutrient Metabolism and Reproductive Growth in Nematodes.
- Wang Z, Stoltzfus J, You YJ, Ranjit N, Tang H, Xie Y, Lok JB, Mangelsdorf DJ, Kliewer SA PLoS Genet. 2015 Mar 11 3 e1005027
- The Geometry of Locomotive Behavioral States in C. elegans.
- Gallagher T, Bjorness T, Greene R, You YJ, Avery L PLoS ONE 2013 8 3 e59865
- Metabolic rate regulates L1 longevity in C. elegans.
- Lee I, Hendrix A, Kim J, Yoshimoto J, You YJ, PLoS One 2012 7 9 e44720
- Insulin, cGMP, and TGF-beta signals regulate food intake and quiescence in C. elegans: a model for satiety.
- You YJ, Kim J, Raizen DM, Avery L Cell Metab. 2008 Mar 7 3 249-57
- Lethargus is a Caenorhabditis elegans sleep-like state.
- Raizen DM, Zimmerman JE, Maycock MH, Ta UD, You YJ, Sundaram MV, Pack AI Nature 2008 Jan 451 7178 569-72
- Dual roles of autophagy in the survival of Caenorhabditis elegans during starvation.
- Kang C, You YJ, Avery L Genes Dev. 2007 Sep 21 17 2161-71
- Starvation activates MAP kinase through the muscarinic acetylcholine pathway in Caenorhabditis elegans pharynx.
- You YJ, Kim J, Cobb M, Avery L Cell Metab. 2006 Apr 3 4 237-45
- Japan Neuroscience Society (2019)
- Genetics Society of America (2004)