Originally from Wisconsin, Dr. Duffy holds a bachelor’s degree in English from the University Notre Dame. He received his medical degree from the Long School of Medicine at the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio, and completed internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in 2021, he joined the UT Southwestern Faculty the same year as a Hospitalist at Parkland Memorial Hospital. The decision to stay at Parkland was an easy one, stemming from a desire to continue working with historically underserved groups of patients, with a special interest in the care of immigrants.
Dr. Duffy’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with his wife and children and cheering on Wisconsin sports teams.
- Medical School
- Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine (2018)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2021), Internal Medicine
- Doctor-Patient Communication
- Quality Improvement
Honors & Awards
- Parkland Patient Safety Team Champion
Awarded by Parkland Hospital (2019)
- Gold Humanism Award
Awarded by the Long School of Medicine (2017)
- Dr. John E Burke Award
Awarded by the University of Notre Dame (2014)
- American College of Physicians (2019)
- American Medical Association (2018)