Dr. Cartwright received her undergraduate degree in psychology from The University of Texas at Austin. She completed her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Cartwright also completed her predoctoral internship at UT Southwestern, which included a rotation at Children's Health in the inpatient psychiatric unit. She then completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Child and Adolescent Outpatient clinic at the Stanford University School of Medicine in Palo Alto, California. She joined the faculty of UT Southwestern as a licensed psychologist in the Department of Psychiatry in the Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in 2019.
Dr. Cartwright's clinical services focus on evaluation of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and treatment of challenging behaviors and anxiety in children and adolescents with ASD or related disabilities. She works often with parents and families in order to support understanding and intervention at home.
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2018)
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Psychology
- Stanford University (2019)
- To code or not to code: Some ethical conflicts in diagnosing children
- Cartwright, J. E., Lasser, J. and Gottlieb, M. Practice Innovations 2017 4 2 195-206